Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

long hair on women

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 256 Replies
DH has a strong belief women/girls should have long hair. I believe that I look and feel my best with a chin length bob. In fact I once posted a before and after on here, you all agreed.

I also think it would be a hell of a lot easier to care for our 3 yo dd's hair if we cut it up to at least her shoulders. She won't let me brush it or ever put it up even in a ponytail.

But dh "put his foot down"... it's "bad enough" I "insist" on keeping mine short, but "no daughter of his" is having short hair.

So frustrating.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
And it's spilled over to her, if I suggest we trim it to keep it nice she spazzes, "I'm a girl! I have long hair!"

Even though her friends all have nicely trimmed hair.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:07 AM
33 moms liked this
Tell him to take care of her hair from now on.
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
No one should tell you how to wear your hair. I like mine long and I will grow my daughters out until she says she wants it cut, then we will cut it however she wants.
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:07 AM
5 moms liked this

He is a control freak. If he wants his DD to have long hair make him care for it.

redneckmama4
by Loree on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:08 AM
6 moms liked this
Well he sounds like a peach. My foot would've been put down, or up his ass, a long time ago!
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:09 AM
9 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous 1: And it's spilled over to her, if I suggest we trim it to keep it nice she spazzes, "I'm a girl! I have long hair!" Even though her friends all have nicely trimmed hair.

Sit her down tell her she either lets you keep it brushed, and looking nice or it goes. She is 3 for cryingoutloud !

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

AHmom103
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:10 AM

My husband prefers long hair too, but I told him that until he is the one brushing and styling our hair, he really gets no choice in the matter. My oldest dd and I both have very thick curly hair that is a massive pain in the butt. The longer it gets, the worse it gets. I try to keep both of ours just a little bit past our shoulders. Our youngest dd has stick straight hair, so I do keep hers long, it's to the middle of her back now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Then let him see how hard it is yo take care of your daughters hair.

I hate really long hair mom had a hard time brushing it and she just decided i need to go shoulder lenght and i have had a problem since then,

My cousins have really long hair also and they keep it brushed and put up. They are really cristians about there hair like that and how they were raised.
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:11 AM
3 moms liked this
Lol my dh has no say in the matter
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:11 AM
2 moms liked this

Your hair your choice.  Unless dh is willing to take care of the daughters hair then you make the decision that works best for you and your daughter.
Your dh is a controlling ass

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN