Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you live in a small town? Does your small-town have its own newspaper?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
My daughter is going to school in a very small Midwestern town. Something happened yesterday and I tried to find it in the news. I looked up the name of her town and the word newspaper… They have no newspaper that I could find.

I live in a large town so we obviously have a newspaper; but even my neighborhood has a weekly newspaper. My neighborhood has to be smaller than a small Midwestern town.

So if your town does not have a local paper… How many people in your town? How do you get the local news?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:16 AM
My in laws live in a small town in Texas and they get a paper. I'm a city girl so we have a couple to choose from.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:16 AM
Yes, I work there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:17 AM
I live in a small Texas town of 10,000 people. Our newspaper only comes out once a week.
Amy_M
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:17 AM

yes & yes. I live in a town of approximately 2600

KristaP13
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:18 AM

My town is 2k people and there is a newspaper.

bunnywzrd
by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:18 AM

We get a paper once a week. It comes out on Thursdays. There are about 15,000 people in our county but nothing ever happens here.

Turtles64
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:18 AM

We have 2 towns side by side. Total population about 2500 but probably larger due to undocumented aliens. We have a newspaper that is about 6-8 pages but one whole page is the weekly crime sheet for us and the county, another page obits, and 2-3 pages of ads. And Sister Lavonda Sh'Nea has a half page on religion. Actual  News takes up 3 pages at the most.

caustinb
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:19 AM
Yes we do. They are a weekly paper, though, not daily. And it encompasses a few surrounding communities.
girlie2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:20 AM
Yes we have a paper and about 3,200 people. The paper is combined with several other small towns, not sure of the population there.
tinybluemoon
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Yes, we do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)