Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Too negative?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

My 3 year old son just started a new school. Has has two weeks under his belt and everyday when I pick him up I ask his teachers "How was he today?" Everyday one teacher says something negative about him ( He throws sand up in the air and watches it fall on the playground, he isn't throwing it at anyone) I have talked to my son about the sand throwing but he still does it, he is 3! I am starting to get annoyed. First of all ok, he throws sand, What are YOU as a teacher doing about it? Second of all she says he is great in the classroom and super smart, smarter than some of the other kids. Should I be annoyed that she always has something negative to say or am I being too mama bear?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Mama bear, definitely.

I'd tell my kid he can't go back if he continues to throw sand.
booaura
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this
It sounds like she isn't just saying negative things. She's doing her job as a teacher by telling you everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Teachers do not say kids are smarter than other kids. You need to talk to your child about throwing sand. Since he is so smart he should know to stop.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:39 AM

That would backfire in my face lol he wants to stay home!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Mama bear, definitely. I'd tell my kid he can't go back if he continues to throw sand.

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Definitely over reacting. Shouldnt you want to hear EVERYTHING?

TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:41 AM
Tell your kid to listen to his teacher. Stop with the sand throwing
DisabledVet
by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Quit asking if it upsets you. At 3 he's being normal. The next time she says something about the sand throwing ask her why it's a problem.

Harlot
by lecoeur on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:43 AM

What's wrong with throwing sand in the air?  He's not hurting anyone. 

Goodybag1
by CuteiPie on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:44 AM
I've noticed being a parent for almost 10 years now. Some teachers tell everything, some don't I like the ones who wouldn't tell me about sand going up in the air for two weeks in a row lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Seriously she said that. I was shocked. My mother is a retired teacher and she even said teachers aren't suppose to say that. I am constantly talking to him about his behavior and at the time of conversation he agrees to be not do it anymore and all is good and the next day he does it again. On a serious note, I don't know what to do. I have talked to him, I have been angry, yelled and spanked him. I have made consequences for his actions and he acts like whatever. I don't know what to do anymore. It does get old hearing how my kid constantly does his own thing, I already know it first hand. I need some good advice for headstrong kids. 

Quoting Anonymous 3: Teachers do not say kids are smarter than other kids. You need to talk to your child about throwing sand. Since he is so smart he should know to stop.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)