Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this normal?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies

My son will be 4 years old in October and I have noticed some "sexual" behavior from him...or at least what appears to be.  Sometimes he will lay on his stomach basically with his hands under his penis and hump...he also has figured out how to "excite" himself and I thought it was a little young for all of this and am a little concerned...is it normal?  Is he just being curious or should I do something about this?  :/

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CheerioHolder
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
It is normal. He's just curious about his own body.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Totally normal. My son was around that age when he started doing stuff like that too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Thank you!  I am hoping and assuming that's the case.  I am just a little paranoid when it comes to the sexual behavior because I was molested as a child and BEYOND terrified it will happen to one of my children!  Thanks again.

Quoting CheerioHolder: It is normal. He's just curious about his own body.

redneckmama4
by Loree on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Yeah, boys love their penis..at any age!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Good to know.  Thank you!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Totally normal. My son was around that age when he started doing stuff like that too.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Normal. He does it because it feels good. He most likely has no idea about it being sexual. I dont live in your home so I can't say for sure. This is the time to tell him what you are doing is fine but you need to do it in your room.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:44 AM

LOL thank you!

Quoting redneckmama4: Yeah, boys love their penis..at any age!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you so much, that was going to be my next question...if I say anything about it because he isn't doing anything wrong, but of course I don't want him to do it in public or anything like that.  I appreciate your response!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Normal. He does it because it feels good. He most likely has no idea about it being sexual. I dont live in your home so I can't say for sure. This is the time to tell him what you are doing is fine but you need to do it in your room.

surromama
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:45 AM
I only noticed my son playing with that area in the tub. Luckily not anywhere else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Goodybag1
by CuteiPie on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:48 AM
My four year old did that and I spanked him. I do not want that feeling good anytime soon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN