Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Isn't that too much food?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 267 Replies
It was my turn to cook dinners at night so I decided on crockpot chicken. I put 5 fairly big chicken breasts in the crockpot and set it to cook yesterday and then an hour before it was to finish I had to go to work.

My husband was left to shred the chicken and cook the 1 1/2 cups rice.

His two kids ate every bit of it. His son is 14 and a little chunky but not incredibly overweight and his 12 year old is getting chunky.

I'm not kidding, there was nothing left for him and I to eat, he and I ended up eating a sandwich. Isn't that way to much food for 2 kids to eat?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 29, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Arwyn724
by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, and what were the consequences for them helping themselves before the family sat down for dinner?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2014 at 11:20 AM
2 moms liked this
He served it to them, his son had thirds.

Quoting Arwyn724:

Yes, and what were the consequences for them helping themselves before the family sat down for dinner?

AvantGardener
by extremely humble on Aug. 29, 2014 at 11:20 AM
9 moms liked this

They ate it all because there was nothing else to the meal. Meat is a side dish here. I use one breast for the 4 of us but there's lots of other stuff on the plate. 14 and 12 year olds eat a ton.

Arwyn724
by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 11:21 AM
13 moms liked this

Then he is an idiot.  Overweight kids should not have free reign to eat themselves silly.

Quoting Anonymous 1: He served it to them, his son had thirds.
Quoting Arwyn724:

KristaP13
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 11:21 AM
3 moms liked this

Holy shit, yes! That's alot of food. 

Time to have a talk about self control and consideration.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 29, 2014 at 11:22 AM
6 moms liked this

Cook veggies with your meals.  Don't let them have seconds, especially thirds until everyone else has eaten. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 29, 2014 at 11:22 AM
2 moms liked this

Dad doesn't know better?

Quoting Anonymous 1: He served it to them, his son had thirds.
Quoting Arwyn724:

JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 11:22 AM
5 moms liked this

I suppose that I could see two growing children eat two pieces each. But to me, that's not the point. The point is that they didn't make sure that there was enough for everyone, that is rude and shows a lack of respect. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 29, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Dad served them.

Quoting JulyBabies:

I suppose that I could see two growing children eat two pieces each. But to me, that's not the point. The point is that they didn't make sure that there was enough for everyone, that is rude and shows a lack of respect. 

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 11:24 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes that's a lot especially if thirds are being done. No wonder you had nothing to eat, your Dh let them eat it all. My almost 15 yr asks for seconds and I'll give it, but half of what he had in the first place.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN