Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My brother just got a windfall and im PISSED

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 123 Replies
A couple years ago my brother got in a very minor fender bender. It was the other car's fault so my aunt told him to sue his insurance . My brother got a lawyer . The lawyer told him to go to some doctor . Long story short ..my brother got a surgery on his knee he didn't need and physical therapy which he also didn't need just to make it look like he was hurt. Mind you his car barely had a scratch on it!

So the other guy's insurance settled for $85,000 finally . After paying the medical bills and his lawyer fees my brother got a check for $31,000!

My brother has always worked part time and whenever I planned my family disney trips we ALWAYS included my brother! He's come on ALL of our trips . The last time we spent 10 days at Disney with the dining plan . I paid for his airfare and all the restaurant tips and my mom paid for his part of the vacation package. He never paid her back..never told me thanks .

So naturally I assume when he got his money he would take me and my mom on a disney trip for fun.

No not his selfish ass...he's going to Jamaica with his friend ! His friend who is nothing but a using mooch . Her name's Rebecca...whenever they go out he pays. My brother is gay btw.

So instead of repaying his family back with kindness no he chooses to splurge and take his friend out the country.

So far they're spending a week in Jamaica...and a week on a royal carribean cruise during christmas week on the Quantum of the Seas.

I said hey what about us can we go?! He said NO. I said well we all want to take a disney cruise as a family you know that . He said fuck your disney cruise and fuck that mouse.

I'm shocked...when we went to disney last year he said he never wanted to leave and he wanted to work at disney and he had a great time..now he has some money and he's saying fuck us all.

Our mom is sick with cancer ..she loved the disney cruise I took her on and she talks about it all the time and he knows it and he doesn't care. I said cmon let's just do the cruise as a family and have a good time with our mother . He said no. My mom asked him for a $300 laptop...he said NO.

If Rebecca asked it would be NO problem...

So much for family!

My mom's on disability now due to her cancer ..I told her don't worry ill save money to take me her and my kids on another disney cruise.

Seriously he is such a selfish prick ...a disney cruise for the 5 of us could be done for under $3,000 .

Now I'm busy saving up my money to take my mom on a special fun trip ....the prognosis is 9 months to a year . Right now she's still mobile and can get around good and she could really enjoy herself . I just can't imagine being that damn selfish . I even suggested he just take my mom on the cruise and the trip to Jamaica..he said no.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 29, 2014 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grannie_kel
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 3:50 PM
12 moms liked this

I'd sure like to know what doctor did a surgery that wasn't necessary.  I'm pretty sure  you talk without knowing what you are talking about. 

You taking your brother on trips was not a kindness on your part if you expect it to be repaid, which obviously you do.  Since it was not a kindness on your part and you didn't tell him at the time that you expected a payback, he doesn't owe you either a kindness or a trip on his dime. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2014 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this
It was kindness on our parts! We weren't expecting to be paid back but if were good enough to take you on trips you should be kind enough to take us on a trip ! Its common courtesy !

If I got a windfall i'd take my family on a trip....at the very least.
grannie_kel
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 4:46 PM
4 moms liked this

Sure, you just keep telling yourself that.  If you had done it out of kindness you would never had asked him to take you on a trip to repay you, sounds like you even asked a couple of times. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: It was kindness on our parts! We weren't expecting to be paid back but if were good enough to take you on trips you should be kind enough to take us on a trip ! Its common courtesy ! If I got a windfall i'd take my family on a trip....at the very least.

Tuned.Out
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 6:58 PM
4 moms liked this

If something is truly done out of kindness and kindness alone...

Reciprocation is not wanted, expected or needed.  Therefore there is no reason for anger/hurt feelings if your kindness is not reciprocated.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 29, 2014 at 6:58 PM
3 moms liked this
Considering the way you are acting right now, you clearly took him on those trips, expecting some sort of pay back for it, not just out of the kindness of your heart.
It sucks that he isn't thinking about what his dying mom wants, but honestly, he doesn't have to. He's an adult that can make his own decisions. Will he regret it when she's gone? Maybe.

But it's NOT up to you to decide what he should do with HIS money.

I guess the lesson you need to learn is to not take people on expensive trips if you're expecting some sort of pay back for it.
skittleshawk
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 6:58 PM
Fail
GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:03 PM
4 moms liked this

Um.....while it would have been nice that he treated the family to something with that money, he certainly isn't obligated to do so.  It's his money to do so what he wishes.

Now, my bigger concern is his smack talk about the MOUSE.  How dare he!!!!!

Amybelle
by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:03 PM

pfffffffffffffft

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:05 PM
6 moms liked this
Money is the root of all evil. Money will make even the nicest of people do things they normally wouldn't.
Does he owe you anything? Of course not. I do get what you are saying though and would probably feel the same way. Although I think if he hadn't come into this money you would have never expected something in return.
If he had saved his own money and took Rebecca to Jamaica then I don't think you would really care right?
Here's the beauty of it all... He will blow through this money like there's no tomorrow. Once he's out, don't invite him on family trips. Don't pay his way for ANYTHING for ANY reason.
Now you know not to be so generous to a selfish person.
Keep taking care of your mom and being the generous person you are. It will come back to you one day even if it doesn't seem like it now
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:07 PM

People dont normally take someone on a trip with the expectation of being paid back by another trip.

I also dont see a doctor doing surgery on a knee that surgery doesnt need done on.

And lmao @ him wanting to live and work at Disney. How old is he?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)