Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He didn't have car seats so guess what he did.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 91 Replies
3 moms liked this
Short version. I had things to do, errands to run, and I took my van with the car seats. Dh got a phone call we didn't expect just yet and had to go to a friend's house. This is about 1 mile from our house. So do you think he took the kids in his car?

Nope. He put them in the bike trailer/stroller, loaded up their thermos' with cold water, threw an extra gallon of water in the stroller and started walking. Now most of you think, 'well duh! Who wouldn't do it that way?!' This same friend had dropped his corvette at our house and walked here with his 1 and 3yr old. Threw them in the passenger seat and drove them home. That's who.

The point is I appreciate my dh always worrying about the kids safety even without me making sure he does.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 29, 2014 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AvantGardener
by extremely humble on Aug. 29, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Cool. Must be hot where you are to need so much water for a mile walk.

my2kids0506
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 4:38 PM
To me it is more dangerous riding down a busy road with kids on a bike then riding slowly with the kids buckled just in a seat belt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2014 at 4:39 PM
It is hot but we just almost always take a gallon or two with us. He went there to work on the guys car. He didn't want to be in and out of his house and such so he took his own water.

Quoting AvantGardener:

Cool. Must be hot where you are to need so much water for a mile walk.

AvantGardener
by extremely humble on Aug. 29, 2014 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

He walked them in a bike trailer/ stroller. And it was a mile. Not a big deal. I ride 15 and 20 miles with my kids on bikes 3 times a week.

Quoting my2kids0506: To me it is more dangerous riding down a busy road with kids on a bike then riding slowly with the kids buckled just in a seat belt.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2014 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this
No he pushed it as a stroller. No bike. Also he only had to cross one busy road. The rest is residential with sidewalks. What he did was much safer I think. I mean sure he probably would've made it fine in the car. I'm glad he didn't chance it though. I mean if he got in a wreck and the cops were called and he didn't have a car seat at all? Then a 2 and 3yr old in the car? That would be bad.

Quoting my2kids0506: To me it is more dangerous riding down a busy road with kids on a bike then riding slowly with the kids buckled just in a seat belt.
furbabymum
by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 4:43 PM
2 moms liked this

I let my kid drive to his grandparents so I am probably going to mother hell then. BTW my kid is 3.

mojogirl
by RoseannRoseannadanna on Aug. 29, 2014 at 4:43 PM

depends on how busy the road was he was riding on, if really busy, he might have been safer in the car, even without seats

polkaspots
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 4:44 PM
4 moms liked this
That's ridiculous. Taking small children in the car without the developmentally appropriate car seats is never the safer option.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Probably not on the highway? Or really busy roads? Lol. I'm really not super judgmental of others and I'm not a stickler on car seat safety. My 2.5yr is forward facing! However this is an instance I wouldn't be comfortable with him putting them in the car without seats.

Quoting furbabymum:

I let my kid drive to his grandparents so I am probably going to mother hell then. BTW my kid is 3.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Aug. 29, 2014 at 4:45 PM

We love our bike rides!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN