Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Don't you ever do that again!"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 108 Replies

I made dinner for the family tonight as always.  I told DH dinner was ready and the baby was napping so please come in to the table.  I waited and waited and waited until dinner was cold.  Then finally he sits with us and as soon as we say the blessing and start eating the baby starts to wail. 

My SD has complained about the baby "ruining" family time, so I took him into the bedroom.  Everyone was eating. 

45 minutes of fussing, crying, nursing, diaper change, orajel on his gums... etc. I finally get the kid to quiet down and I walk into the kitchen to see DH food in the trash, the kids plates clean, and my food just sitting there on the table.

I ask DH why his food was in the trash and he said, "I got sick of waiting so I threw it away. it was cold anyway." (I think it's important I add here that he never waits for me. And never told me he was going to.)

And I cried.  Just started to cry. Quietly.  I was exhausted by the marathon of baby tears.... and the supper I made was ruined. And DH was upset with me. I was upset.  So I just cried and I sat down to eat my cold supper in peace and quiet.

My son came in and saw I was upset and said, "What's wrong Momma?"

"Just a little down becuase supper got all messed up!  Did you get to eat?"

My DH overhears and is all, "Don't you ever do that again! Just don't"

And i look at him all confused and he says, "Don't start! Just don't do that! Now the kids are asking what's wrong. They don't need to see you being all emotional."

I was like, "But it's an emotion. And I'm sad.  He's supposed to care that I'm sad. You're supposed to care. And, it's not a bad thing that I'm upset. It's a human thing."

DH was all, "Just stop making excuses. They don't need to see that."

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:32 PM
11 moms liked this
Your husband is an asshole.
You shouldn't have waited so long for him to sit down.
You should have just brought the baby to the table with you.
He sounds controlling and borderline abusive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cupomeow
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:33 PM
I'm sorry. Will he be willing to sit and talk after the kids are in bed? Maybe he realized the cold dinner was his fault and he feels bad and instead of appologizing he is lashing out.
Laura1427
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

He's a dick

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:35 PM
2 moms liked this
This. Those are control tactics he is using. Stop letting him treat you like that.

Quoting polkaspots: Your husband is an asshole.
You shouldn't have waited so long for him to sit down.
You should have just brought the baby to the table with you.
He sounds controlling and borderline abusive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Why the hell do you put up with that, and why did you marry this asshole in the first place?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:36 PM
My dh can be an uncaring asshole sometimes but he would NEVER interrupt a conversation I was having with my son like that. It was rude and demeaning and you guys should talk about it. You both need counseling and he doesn't need to teach your son that women don't have emotions.
mischele
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:36 PM
Oh my gods I'm so sorry
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:37 PM

He sounds like a relative of mine.  If you ever decide to leave, all I can say is don't go back.  I'm sorry that your dh was an ass.

nmkj
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:37 PM
I would have just ate. When it's dinner time you eat and if your food gets cold there's the microwave.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Quoting polkaspots: Your husband is an asshole. You shouldn't have waited so long for him to sit down. You should have just brought the baby to the table with you. He sounds controlling and borderline abusive.

Well we always wait until the blessing is said as a family.  It's just the way we do it. Afterwards, all bets are usually off. 

And the baby was scream/crying he is teething and sometimes when he wakes up and the pain is bad he just can't help it.  My SD has asked that we don't let him cry through family time anymore because it upsets her. And as a way to help her adjust to having a new baby around we're trying to honor that wish.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN