Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Oh this makes me so mad. I hope dad gets custody

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

Click the link to see the news report and it shows the video. This is absolutely disgusting.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/08/29/ice-bucket-challenge-douses-infant/14818983/

Grandfather drenches infant in Ice Bucket Challenge

Some say a grandfather took the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge way too far when he poured freezing cold water on his 10-month-old grandaughter. The baby's father was so angry when he saw the video, he went to the police.

3068 10 LINKEDIN 1 COMMENTMORE

HOUSTON — A 10-month-old was doused with ice water when her grandfather did the Ice Bucket Challenge above her, and her father is angry.

"I was shocked," said the girl's father, Claude Dalcour. "Everybody I know was pretty much shocked and appalled."

Dalcour said he's going through a nasty divorce with the girl's mother. Things got even nastier when he saw his ex-father-in-law's Facebook post.

"You don't do that to an infant," Dalcour said. "He should know better."

The video has been viewed by thousands of people on Facebook.

One concerned stranger from out of state even sent a link to the Texas Department of Children and Families. The agency wouldn't confirm whether it is actually investigating the case and taking action.

Dalcour said he's gone to police about the incident.

"It's a big deal," he said. "It's not his child, it's my child."

Despite the father's anger, the grandfather hasn't been charged with any crime. We reached out to him via Facebook, but he did not respond.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:35 PM

bump

BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:39 PM
...was that the ice smacking her I heard or?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:39 PM
And they show a pic of the baby not strapped into the car seat right.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Nope, unless they can tell you what they want to do . You don't do that to a baby. My 4 year old wants to do it cuz he saw my sil (14) do it , but I'm not allowing it. When can understand what it's for he can do it . Me and my dh did it .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Uh no. It's a baby in a walker in the backyard.

Quoting Anonymous 2: And they show a pic of the baby not strapped into the car seat right.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:06 PM
You didn't want the video did you?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2: And they show a pic of the baby not strapped into the car seat right.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Did I want the video, no. Did I watch the video yes I did. No where in that video is a baby in a car seat. She is in a walker in the yard. Why don't you try watching the video?

Edit - I see what you are talking about but this is not about a car seat.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You didn't want the video did you?
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Mobile Photo

That's on the news video dumbass.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Did I want the video, no. Did I watch the video yes I did. No where in that video is a baby in a car seat. She is in a walker in the yard. Why don't you try watching the video?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Yes I stand corrected. I just went back and rewatched it. She is however buckled in.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Mobile Photo

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:16 PM
With as loose as it is and where the clip is on her she not anymore safe than is she wasn't in it.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Yes I stand corrected. I just went back and rewatched it. She is however buckled in.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Mobile Photo

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)