Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dear Pro-Choicers: Why are you so angry?

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2014 at 3:33 AM
  • 344 Replies
6 moms liked this

I don’t think I’ve ever been cursed at quite so many times in a four-hour period as I was today. I lost count of the number of times I was called vile and vulgar names, flipped the bird, or F-bombed. I’m sure yelling obscenities to strangers – even strangers you disagree with – isn’t normal behaviour for you, the pro-choice individuals who walked past our abortion display, so I can’t help but wonder why our opposition to abortion stirs up such emotion in you.

I was on the streets of Hamilton, Ontario today as part of a training course with the Canadian Center for Bio-Ethical Reform – an organization that uses abortion victim photography as a tool to educate the public about the human rights violation that is abortion. We use the images because they convey a terrible truth that cannot be rightly understood with words alone, and because victim imagery has been a proven tool of success in social reform movements across the centuries. Even more importantly, we use such imagery because when people see the violently dismembered bodies of the youngest members of our species, many of them change their minds about abortion – and their children’s lives are saved.

But many of you are angry when you pass by our signs, and I fail to understand why. After all: you’re pro-choice. The violence depicted in our pictures is the aftermath of one of the choices you support - so why does its reality upset you? Abortion takes a developing human fetus and tears him or her limb from limb. If you’re sure that’s a perfectly fine thing to do, why are you angry with us for showing others what that choice looks like? Surely it’s not merely that we disagree with you on this issue – you don’t curse at everyone who holds views different from yours, do you? I suspect it’s not really the bloodiness that bothers you either – how often have you cursed at the grocery clerk for having bloody animal parts on display in the meat department?

One of the angry individuals who approached me yesterday complained that children might see the images. I explained to him that while we’re not targeting children, we must prioritize the lives of preborn children over the feelings of born children. “Women are walking past these signs,” I told him, “who are pregnant and considering whether or not to do this to their preborn child.” A woman standing nearby said quietly: “Yes, and I’m one of them“. We were able to counsel her to leave an abusive environment for her sake and that of her child, and with our support she’ll be breaking the cycle of violence by giving her child life. Yell at us all you want; she and her child and the countless others we’ve saved are worth your abuse - and those pictures won’t go away until abortion does!

The next time you’re tempted to curse and shout obscenities to someone holding the image of a preborn victim of abortion, please ask yourself why that image bothers you so much. If these images are too disgusting and awful to look at and to accept as the reality of choice, then perhaps the procedure these pictures expose is too disgusting and awful to continue supporting.

http://www.prolifehumanists.org/dear-pro-choicers-why-are-you-so-angry/

by on Aug. 30, 2014 at 3:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 30, 2014 at 3:40 AM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I'm not sure but do you like chicken , so you want to know and see
What they go throw before you're consumption
SadiasMomma
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 3:43 AM
26 moms liked this
I don't have strong feelings about this topic. I would never have an abortion but I can't judge someone who does. I'm not a law maker or a doctor so I can't change the rules or know the facts.

What I do know is that the picture of an aborted fetus isn't as bad as a dead newborn in a trash can. Or a starving beaten abused raped 5 year old. It's not black and white. In a perfect world, there'd be no unwanted pregnancy. We don't live in a perfect world though...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 30, 2014 at 3:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Take this pic down PLEASE! I'm really offended that you would post this pic. This is pretty insensitve to other women....like me. I had a traumatic miscarriage when I was 12 weeks pregnant. This picture brought up painful feelings. Go protest somewhere else. OK

cleansedbyglory
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 3:46 AM

i am sorry you had a misc. the truth hurts for those who abort. but i will take it down.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Take this pic down PLEASE! I'm really offended that you would post this pic. This is pretty insensitve to other women....like me. I had a traumatic miscarriage when I was 12 weeks pregnant. This picture brought up painful feelings. Go protest somewhere else. OK

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 30, 2014 at 3:48 AM
2 moms liked this
Well said. Babies in trash cans go through as much pain as babies killed in the womb. I can't control anyone but I can't be quiet. I had a miscarriage it hurt and still makes me sad. This isn't a miscarriage.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 30, 2014 at 3:50 AM
7 moms liked this
You are in a forum of mothers, the vast majority of these mothers have not had abortions. I'm willing to bet a much higher number have had miscarriages, and most of us here have chosen to have our babies.

Your rant is misplaced and cruelly insensitive in this group. Aren't there specific abortion groups you can do this in?!

Quoting cleansedbyglory:

i am sorry you had a misc. the truth hurts for those who abort. but i will take it down.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 3:52 AM
5 moms liked this
That's the stupidest thing I have ever read.

I'm on the fence about abortion, but reading shit like this makes me want to take a pro-choice title just so I'm not in the same category as people who say stupid things like this.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Well said. Babies in trash cans go through as much pain as babies killed in the womb. I can't control anyone but I can't be quiet. I had a miscarriage it hurt and still makes me sad. This isn't a miscarriage.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 30, 2014 at 3:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for taking it down and understanding my feelings. I appreciate it

Quoting cleansedbyglory:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 3:54 AM
26 moms liked this
You care so much about children but you're totally ok with exposing kids to this? INNOCENT kids who have yet to form an opinion or even know what an abortion is. But you're ok exposing them to this?

I witnessed this once. My DD, then 6, asked what the sign was. I told her it was a person protesting abortion by showing you the results of the abortion. She asked what an abortion was. I told her it's when a doctor does surgery to make a woman not pregnant. She asked why they would have that surgery. I said there's lots of reasons, maybe they're too sick to have a baby, maybe they're not ready to have a baby or maybe they don't have enough money to have a baby. She asked why they use yucky pictures. I said it's meant to scare you so you don't have an abortion. She says well that's gross and I wouldn't listen to her or look at her pictures.

So what did your protest achieve? You exposed INNOCENT children to gore unnecessarily. I bet you'd be outraged if I stood on a corner with photos of slaughtered animals or murder victims and exposed your INNOCENT children to that type of gore. But it's ok for you to do because "save the babies"

SMH shame on you
teenkabear
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 3:57 AM
9 moms liked this

People die every day.  Animals die every day.  People are raped, robbed, murdered, assaulted, etc. Fetuses are ABORTED every day.  Who the hell wants to see this?  Not me.

I will happily eat a burger or chicken strips, but that doesn't mean I like seeing them while they're being slaughtered, or shortly after.  It's disturbing to me.  It's disturbing to most people.  Some people aren't bothered by it, I'm sure, but that is NOT the majority.  I could debate about why that is, but that isn't the point.  Nobody wants to see that shit.

And if you go out, into a mob of people, holding something controversial that you know most of the world doesn't want to see, you are an idiot if you don't expect backlash.

That's what the author of this article is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)