Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't care that your kid is dying. edited. ETA again.

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2014 at 10:53 AM
  • 576 Replies
7 moms liked this
A couple nights ago some girl on Facebook says my oldest son's father needs to talk to me and gave me his number to text. I said, "He should hold his breath waiting for me." I didn't think anymore of it. Well, last night he created a new Facebook and contacted me (I've previously blocked him). The first message said he needed to talk, and it was important. As in half-asleep trying to block him, he sends me another. The second was that he has another child-an 18 month old girl. By this time, I'm fucking annoyed. I reply, "I don't give two fucks about you procreation again."

He then sends me this message and sob story about how she's sick. I said I couldn't care less about his other offspring and their health. He said she has some sort of cancer, and needs a bone marrow transplant. I asked what the hell he think I'm going to do about it. He then proceeds to tell me that the best match for her is a sibling, and that he needs me to take my son to this clinic and have him tested.

I lost it. Fucking lost it. How fucking dare he not be around for almost seven years and then expect me to put my son through a painful procedure to save a child we have no obligation to and no relationship with.

I told him as such. He said, "you're killing her." I said, "I don't care. It's just a shame it's not you." And blocked him.

The god damned gall of him.

ETA-

This has nothing to do with him, or our relationship. This has to do with the fact that getting bone marrow is a very painful procedure and I wouldn't put my son through it unless he were dying. I would never ask one sibling to save another. I'd feel the same way if he were an outstanding father. It wouldn't happen.

My concern is my son. Not his kid. I won't out my son through that.

ETA Again-

After a comment by another poster, I did a Google search. The transplant won't save her life. At best it will counteract the effects of chemotherapy (which I can only assume she's on, he didn't say). So he wouldn't even be doing anything regarding her life. That makes it especially not worth it to me.
by on Aug. 30, 2014 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ttriddick
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 10:54 AM
2 moms liked this
...wow...OK then.
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 10:56 AM
28 moms liked this

Wow...no matter how shitty of an ex I have...I would still let my child be tested as a match. Why would I allow a child to die when I know I could have done something to prevent it?

.PinkHart.
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Wow
Steph84FL
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 10:56 AM
2 moms liked this
Ok? I guess that your choice But I don't believe a word of it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 30, 2014 at 10:56 AM
3 moms liked this
I agree he sucks ass and should suffer, but should the child? She is your sons sister whether you like it or not. Its your choice and I understand your point. But I think I would at least talk to him about it.
the.B.karma
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 10:57 AM
15 moms liked this

Haha I'm with you. Fucking wow what do people expect? I wouldn't do it either.  My son has some brothers and sisters out there, who knows where and how many. If one came forth with something like tht I def. would do the same.

This is my opinion is no different than asking some randomstrager on the street to test themselves. Fuck that, and I wouldnt' subject my child to pain for a stranger either.

missymackie
by Mrs. Dixon on Aug. 30, 2014 at 10:58 AM
2 moms liked this
Are you fucking serious?
N_maricle
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 10:58 AM
4 moms liked this

Someone else posted this before...

faire_jour
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 10:58 AM
5 moms liked this

You disgust me.

TheCupcakeMom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 10:58 AM
15 moms liked this

I get where your coming from, and to an extent you are absolutely correct. He has no right to ask that of you, when he clearly gives zero fucks about your son.

However, it's still a child. And I would feel awful about not helping.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)