Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My daughter LEFT our vacation. So furious right now

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 331 Replies
We're 3 hours north of where we live at a cabin for Labor Day weekend. My daughter goes back to college on Tuesday, we've been here since Wednesday. My daughter is 20, my other kids are 10, 5 and 3 and my nieces and nephews are here with is and are 9, 9, 7, 6 and 5. My husband couldn't join us til this afternoon cause of work, and my SIL and bil were supposed to be here but her mom is Sick and she wanted us to bring the kids so they still have fun and aren't sitting in a hospital. My daughter was gonna go to a cabin with her friends but I told her it would be fun to have a family weekend.

Obviously, I've needed her help up here with 8 little kids. Stuff like making meals, supervising them/bringing them in the water, cleaning up, bedtime. Since Wednesday night she's been whining that I only asked her cause I needed help, that I lied by not telling her- uh, no, she's been working and out with friends so even though she's lived at home she's barely been home this summer and her siblings want to hang out with her. They miss her.

She was by the water tanning and I told her I needed help making them all lunch. The kids were all playing on the grass, covered in dirt, and I didn't want them in the house. She asked why they couldn't help, I said they were dirty. She flipped out and said that she didn't give up a weekend wih her friends to babysit, grabbed her bag and left. She's not answering her cell now, and my husband was furious when he arrived too.

Gahhhh /vent.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Aug. 30, 2014 at 4:47 PM
37 moms liked this

Sorry, mama.

But you know, not too long ago she was still Big Sister and no doubt helping you out with the siblings...Now she's gone off to college and finally tasted real Freedom and Independence...try not to begrudge her that.

She's her own person now aside from being your daughter and sister to her siblings...don't expect her to reprise her role as she's trying on a new one for the first time in her life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 30, 2014 at 4:48 PM
37 moms liked this

Well, she has a point.  Taking care of the kids in the family and having a fun family weekend are 2 very different things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 30, 2014 at 4:49 PM
26 moms liked this
It sounds like you did lie to get her to go. If she's playing second in command to 8 young children, that's not a fun "family weekend" for her.
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 4:49 PM
16 moms liked this
I have to be honest, that sounds like an awful way for a 20 yo to spend her weekend. I don't blame her for leaving.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 30, 2014 at 4:50 PM
8 moms liked this

That's not a vacation in my opinion, having to watch a bunch of little kids. I would have left too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 30, 2014 at 4:50 PM
14 moms liked this

You run the risk of pissing off your older children when you use them as free slave labor to care for your younger kids!

AvantGardener
by extremely humble on Aug. 30, 2014 at 4:50 PM
6 moms liked this

Sorry. I'm on her side.

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Aug. 30, 2014 at 4:51 PM
3 moms liked this

Yeah, can't say I blame her. You were using her, and she wouldn't let you.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 30, 2014 at 4:51 PM
6 moms liked this

I'm sorry she left like that but I don't blame her.  You shouldn't have taken all those kids if you knew you weren't going to have help the whole time.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 30, 2014 at 4:51 PM
6 moms liked this

Are you the same poster who constantly posts about her poor college dd?  It's getting old, seriously old. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN