Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does your DH, family and friends acknowledge your birthday?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 79 Replies
My birthday is coming up quick. Year after year the only ones to say happy birthday are my kids. DH says nothing and has never recognized it. Is this normal?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2014 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Dh always gets me a card and presents, my siblings all call and send cards, and my parents call, send a card, and send a gift.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 7:51 PM
No, it's not normal. Have you ever asked him why he doesn't acknowledge your birthday?
polkaspots
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 7:52 PM
No, everyone I know acknowledges my birthday. My parents have never failed to acknowledge a birthday and my husband hasn't since we've Ben together. Even my friends always acknowledge me, although its usually just on fb.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Aug. 30, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Nope, that is definitely not normal! And to answer the question in your subject line, yes my DH ackknowledges it and often I get a special dinner and a gift. My kids give me homemade gifts and my friends give me gifts. My family sucks ass but everyone else acknowledges it.

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Yes,my husband always acknowledges my birthday (it's also our anniversary).My family and friends do as well.

ZoeCY
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 7:54 PM

My husband always gets me something and makes a big deal out of the day, my parents get me something and we usually do a birthday dinner at some point in the week with them, my in-laws get me something and we also do dinner with them.  As far as siblings my one sister usually gets me something and then at the very least I get a text from my other siblings and my friends. 

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 7:55 PM
Yes. I am very spoiled on my bday.
143myboys9496
by Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Um..not in my house. 

mischele
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 7:55 PM
My family is big on birthdays. My husband bakes me a cake and and dinner. He tells me multiple ways happy birthday
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Aug. 30, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Sounds like he needs a Facebook account.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)