Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

just call the f**king doctor then

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
I swear my sons dad is a idiot. My son has been diagnosed with the closest thing to Spina Bifida (actually there is no technical name for it). He's 4 years old and has had the diagnosis his whole life.

With his work/sleep schedule he missed the appointment last year. Well my mom asked at that appointment was there any chance that he will ever be potty broke? The docs said that there is a 90% chance that it will never happen.

So he's been trying to push me into potty training (we have been working on it for over a year). So he tried to tell me that I'm not working on it or doing anything to change the fact that my 4yo is in diapers.

Uh your not the one in the store with people saying shit to you because your kid is "too big to be in diapers". Your not the one that deals with his friends saying shit to him about it.

I've tried a lot of different things and am at my breaking point with this dumb ass. I can't take much more. I'm ready to just move my kids far away from the whole thing (but I can't cuz the doctors here are supposedly the best in the nation).

Fml just a rant btw.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2014 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 8:41 PM
Sorry :(
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 8:41 PM

I am certainly not excusing him but it sounds like he may be in denial. It's a hard fact to accept, I am sure and people cope (or not cope) in different ways.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2014 at 8:42 PM
But it's been 4 years. How can you deny it that long?

Quoting JulyBabies:

I am certainly not excusing him but it sounds like he may be in denial. It's a hard fact to accept, I am sure and people cope (or not cope) in different ways.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2014 at 8:42 PM
Ty

Quoting BraydensMama163: Sorry :(
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1: But it's been 4 years. How can you deny it that long?
Quoting JulyBabies:

You have to face it every day and it sounds like he doesn't. Again, I'm not making excuses for him or anything but some people just can't handle it and sometimes never can despite the amount of time passed.

Fortunately, he has you as a mother : ) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 30, 2014 at 8:47 PM
4 moms liked this

Does your son self-catheterize? I have spina bifida, and with that comes a certain lack of control emptying my bladder. So, when I got old enough to potty train, my parents were advised by my doctors to teach me to self-cath. I went to a nurse on the school grounds who helped me in my early years, but I was completely self sufficient by about 7. I wore pull-ups at night because I sometimes didn't wake up when my body was telling me 'hey, I've gotta go!', but careful monitoring of my liquids in the evening slowly weaned me off of those entirely. Potty training is possible! Don't give up.  

Where are you located? I don't know how much help to you I can be, but I'm here if you have any questions. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 30, 2014 at 8:49 PM
I'm sorry. :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2014 at 8:49 PM
He will not let a catheter anywhere near him. The docs even "drugged him" and tried to do a urodinastic (sp) on him and he screamed and flipped out til he puked.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Does your son self-catheterize? I have spina bifida, and with that comes a certain lack of control emptying my bladder. So, when I got old enough to potty train, my parents were advised by my doctors to teach me to self-cath. I went to a nurse on the school grounds who helped me in my early years, but I was completely self sufficient by about 7. I wore pull-ups at night because I sometimes didn't wake up when my body was telling me 'hey, I've gotta go!', but careful monitoring of my liquids in the evening slowly weaned me off of those entirely. Potty training is possible! Don't give up.  

Where are you located? I don't know how much help to you I can be, but I'm here if you have any questions. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2014 at 8:50 PM
Oh and I'm in St. Louis Missouri

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2014 at 8:51 PM
Ty

Quoting Anonymous 3: I'm sorry. :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)