Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously ...why do hospital nurses harass you when refuse to breast feed ..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 330 Replies

Your baby...did your hospital  do this too?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this
That's the thing now. When in had my last one 6 years ago I never once got pressured to try.
HippieMomma08
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:14 AM
3 moms liked this
No. They kept bringing me formula even though I asked them not to. I didn't even want it in the room because I was trying to get it out of my head that it was an option. They would bring it in "just in case."
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:14 AM
My nurses never cared either way.
momma112206
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Nope. Never had an issue with either babies. I won't be breast feeding this baby either.
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Nope. Sadly my nurses were shocked when I said no to a bottle and tried to convince me to try it. They also fought me over the eye gunk, rooming with my baby, and putting off his bath till the next day. My Dr also flat out refused to delay cord clamping at the last fn minute after agreeing to it weeks before at a visit.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:14 AM
5 moms liked this
I breastfeed and with my first something weird happened.
The nurse was a bitch to me, as a first time mom and I was weak and blacking out because my blood pressure kept dropping after birth, I needed help. I couldn't figure out how to latch her when I was aware and when I wasn't they had to help dh or a family member get her on me because I was blacked out. She was complaining to me "what are you going to do when you go home and I am not there?" This was hours after giving birth for the first time and breastfeeding for the first time! I had no freaking clue what I was doing. It's not like you can practice breastfeeding before you have the baby!

But the lady in the next room wanted to formula feed and she was given a hard time too because she didn't want to attempt breastfeeding.
I think that nurse just needed a new job! She wasn't happy with anyone!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:14 AM

They shoudn't, for it's a personal parenting decision.

My hospital nurse actually asked permission to give formula during her first hour due to low iron or something. I forget exactly. I allowed it, and tried BF later.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:15 AM
2 moms liked this
They tried because people will treat you the way you allow them to. They left me alone when I put my foot down.
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Yep! Made her wait over 12 hours after birth for me to keep trying to get her to latch before they brought me some formula and a pump! My milk didn't even come in and barely had an ounce of colostrum!
theTosh.O
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:16 AM
9 moms liked this

Yes....but I was a good mom and breastfed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN