Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No I WILL NOT fix your snowflake vegan meals in my own home!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 334 Replies
4 moms liked this
My Sil asked if if her DD 14 can stay with us for 3 days this week so sil can attend the funeral of her uncle. We said ok but she has allowed her DD to become vegan and wants to bring over vegan foods for her to eat while shes here. I told her NO I said that in THIS HOUSE we eat what is served and we do NOT allow a child to tell us what kind of diet she is going to follow. I said she may let her do that BS in her home but intill they turn 18 DH and I will make any descisions regarding our kids diets they are 12 and 15 She is pissed and said well fuck it I'll find someone else. Her DD is staying with a neigbor for those days now MIL and Fil are pisses saying we should have just let it gol Umm NO this is OUR house and OUR rules if you dont like it dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Dh agrees. so I dont really give a fuck what they think.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Aug. 31, 2014 at 7:17 PM
21 moms liked this
Well aren't you delightful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gradysmom2006
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 7:17 PM
32 moms liked this
Why do you care what your niece eats so much? She was bringing her own food. You weren't being put out.
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Aug. 31, 2014 at 7:17 PM
56 moms liked this

" AND WANTS TO BRING OVER VEGAN FOODS FOR HER TO EAT "

What the fuck is so wrong about it? She's supplying the food. I'm no vegan myself but pull the stick out of your you know what lady.

almburr
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 7:17 PM
4 moms liked this
If she was going to bring her own food what's the problem? Did she become vegan for ethical reasons or health reasons?
corticosteroid
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 7:17 PM
5 moms liked this

You can't be serious with this shit.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 7:18 PM

You are an ass ! For crying out loud.

dbrown1989
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow. I would've at least tried. It's not that big of a deal to accommodate someone temporarily, especially your 14 yr old neice. How heartless
Jinx-Troublex3
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 7:18 PM
10 moms liked this
So what is your point in ranting here?

I have no problem sayong my house my rules.

However, in your place, I would have said she can stay but can cook her own meals if she chooses to not eat what you are serving. At 14yo she is plenty capable.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 31, 2014 at 7:18 PM
3 moms liked this
She's bringing her own food, I don't see the issue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 31, 2014 at 7:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Um, your house your rules but I fix all kinds of different meals for guests that eat differently.  I consider it extremely rude that you wouldn't make accomodations for a vegan.  I guess you reserve the right to be extremely rude, but I don't know how long you've have lots of people to be rude to if you keep it up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)