Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$1,000 For a Kid's Party

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:09 PM
  • 58 Replies
My dd and I went to a birthday party today. It was at a golf course club house and it was by far the most amazing kids party I have ever been to. In addition to a massive Italian buffet, pinterest worthy decorations, candy buffet, pricey goodie bags, karaoke, and games. Queen Elsa and Princess Anna arrived and spent three hours interacting with the kids and singing (beautifully).

The mom told me she spent $300 on the princesses and $1,000 total for the party! Here I thought the $200 I spent on my dd's skate last week was pricey.

How much would you spend on a party? What was the best and worse party you have ever attended?

Today was the best. The worse would be where they had it at a hoarders worthy home and served bologna and ketchup sandwiches with warm soda. Plus the adults were smoking and cussing around the kids. And I was one of the few ppl that brought a gift and the only one to use real wrapping paper. I made my dd leave after 15 minutes.
by on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pixers
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Nope, I love my kids but that is a house payment.  I've never spent more than 500 total including gifts on a party.  I guess I am a cheap mom... lol 

zeenah
by Zarah on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:11 PM
We haven't maxed 200 but she has two every year. I hope to never spend that much but I'm a little crazy lol
Sydel
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:13 PM
Quoting Pixers:

Nope, I love my kids but that is a house payment.  I've never spent more than 500 total including gifts on a party.  I guess I am a cheap mom... lol 

I have never spent that much but we have years before her Sweet 16 so never say never
Maries_Mom23
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Our girls are 10 and 7.  We haven't had a birthday party since the youngest turned 6.  But, back when we had parties, the most I spent was around $200.  I just never saw the point to go any higher.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:15 PM

The most I've ever spent was upwards of $600 I went above and beyond and I regretted it it was just so much work. 

I've been to a few parties most were decent but none stand out as the best. The worst was probably the one that we attended and it was good until half way through I found out that the birthday childs father had been sick the morning of and days prior and that birthday mom hugged me. I spent the next 2 days praying to the toilet Gods to kill me.

DLMsMommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I had DDs 5th b day party today. We spent less than $100 and she had a great time. So did everyone who came. We also had pintreat worthy decor and cake... Because that's where I got my ideas. :)
PacMan80
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:15 PM

I think between everything, I spend at least $500.  Gifts and party $500-$1000 at least.  Both kids are close to Christmas.  That's when they get "everything."  Not much present buying the rest of the year.

mommyoflittles
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:17 PM

I try to keep them under $100. We do parties at homesince our kids are little. But my sons birthday will be 2-3 weeks after i have my 3rd kid by c section so i am renting a kids gym party for $100 and bringin some snacks so this will cost like $150 but the only work i have to do is order a cake and bring snacks for kids. No clean up or set etc. this mom will be sore after csection so money will be well worth it.

MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:17 PM
I've spent 150 usually. It's nice that my kids are getting older and are just as happy with dinner out or bowling with a friend.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:17 PM
For birthday parties i have never spent more than $100 and usually or is insert $75

However, last year, for our daughter's bat mitzvah, all told, we spent around $3000
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)