Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am getting so sick of my FIL

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

I just need to vent somewhere.

Last week DH and I went on vacation from Friday-Monday. We got home VERY late Monday and noticed FIL had called a few times while we were gone. We tried calling him back Tuesday, Wednesday AND Thursday and got no answer, we even left messages each time we called.

This weekend we had plans. Friday night DH worked all night and the kids and I went to my moms for the night to celebrate my cousins 25th birthday. The next day we had a work BBQ with DHs boss and co-workers, we were at that from 1 pm-11 pm, went back to my moms and spent the night there.

We got home around 2 pm, I went upstairs to change and was going to go shopping with a few friends. While I was upstairs I heard FIL and his boyfriend come in, no big deal. I said hi to them and then said that I would like to stay but couldn't because I had friends waiting for me.

I guess after I left they FLIPPED on DH. Apparently they called several time from Friday-today and we need to "answer our phone". I checked the phone, they called ONCE this weekend. Besides, we were gone all weekend. How in the fuck do they expect us to answer the damn phone when we aren't home?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hopeful_leslie
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:21 PM
What was so important that they felt the need to freak out on him? He's was out having fun with family and friends. Wow
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:24 PM

He wanted to "make plans" for us to get together. He lives 4 hours away and we don't get to see him often, only when it's convenient to him.

Quoting hopeful_leslie: What was so important that they felt the need to freak out on him? He's was out having fun with family and friends. Wow

hopeful_leslie
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:27 PM
Sucks to be him that y'all have a life outside of his wants and needs. Please tell me dh put him in his place

Quoting Anonymous 1:

He wanted to "make plans" for us to get together. He lives 4 hours away and we don't get to see him often, only when it's convenient to him.

Quoting hopeful_leslie: What was so important that they felt the need to freak out on him? He's was out having fun with family and friends. Wow

Bubsy
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:30 PM
Ugh. I hate people that think that I need to plan my life around when they may or may not call!
JanineDeer
by Janine on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:34 PM

I don't know why they would be upset- hes not YOUR father, after all.  You husband was there with them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN