Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please help me...I hate my kids right now

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies
I have been working so hard the past few months to be a good mom, to stop yelling or being mean to my kids. I was doing really well. I was so proud of myself and everything was improving.

Then last weekend they went ape shit when I fell asleep on the couch. I work overnights and need to have a better plan for the days but I don't have a babysitter so I can sleep, I can't afford it.

So last weekend my children poured out an entire case of water bottles on my son's carpet, got into a roll of cookie dough in the fridge and flung it all over the wall, squirted lotion and hand soap all over the hallway floor, and pooped in the trash can. They are 4 and almost 7 and both know better than to fucking terrorize the house the second they are unsupervised. I was PISSED. I went off on them but now that I think about it didnt enforce any consequences, just made them clean up

So today, same thing. I fell asleep on the couch right after lunch. They decided to go in my room and get whiteboard markers and draw all over my son's wall. And get into a bunch of food and pour an entire gallon of juice on the carpet. Again...7 and 4. What the fuck. I realize last week it was more my fault but after we talked about it nonstop why the fuck would they go and do the same shit this week?!?!? Also older one cut little one's hair.

I truly lost my shit on them. We live in such a nice house and I work so hard as a single parent and pay so fucking much. How dare they. I'm so frustrated and seriously wish I could ship them somewhere for a week or even few days to clean my house and breathe. I am so pissed and so frustrated. I really truly thought about calling cps and saying please come get them I do not want these children I cant do this shit anymore. I hate myself and dont know what to do or where to go, Im honestly just so overwhelmed and thinking so many things i never thought i would about my kids :(
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hopeful_leslie
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
You are completely fucked up in your thinking!! Do you really think a 4 yr old is gonna just sit and twiddle their thumbs while you sleep? Then to say you hate your kids right now and want to call CPS to come get them? You need some parenting classes and a babysitter
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes you are very overwhelmed.   I would look into any help for low income or single parent families.  Those children would be cleaning the house for weeks if i became upset enough.  They would be scrubbing walls, floors, sinks, bath tub , everything.  I would probably do the wet vacuum since it is pretty heavy.  

stacey541
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:30 PM
Yikes. Mine are 4 and 6 and would never think of doing anything like that while I napped. Can you do something so they can't get into your room while you are sleeping? Keep them in the kid proof areas only. Would they watch a movie while you nap on the couch?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:31 PM
You need to call a friend or a family member or suck it up and get a babysitter for am hour or so so that you get your me time or just to take a nap.

I know its hard working nights and not having the help you need BUT you are going to hurt tour kids and yourself more if you don't take time to yourself.

Parenting classes might help :( why don't you sleep while they are in school?
Missdameanor
by Not-a-felony on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:31 PM
You are under a lot of stress and kids can really be trying. I hope everything gets better for you very soon!
allycally
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:32 PM
U need a sitter or you need to train them to stay with you and watch a movie or tv show while you nap. Set your alarm and tell them if they stay quiet and watch tv/movie while you nap that afterwards you guys will do...(something fun they like) if you do not I will give you this punishment.when does school start?
amberrain6
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:34 PM
You def need a sitter of some sort. Kids sound bored & need attention. Sry mama must be hard.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:34 PM
School already started. They had never done anything remotely like this before last weekend, it just came out of nowhere. They did used to watch a movie while I took a nap but I guess theyve decided they dont want to do that anymore.
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:35 PM
That's clearly a parenting issue.... my 2 year old won't destroy the house if I doze on the couch... in fact he'll play with me lol. I have the most unusal dreams when I accidentally nap on the couch
kymom23
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:35 PM
So who watches them at night when you're at work?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)