Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do u think this is rude of him??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 236 Replies
My husband and I are on a tight grocery budget. We eat lots of meatless, sale stuff and yes it sometimes comes to ramen.

My step son is 17. His visitation is two nights a week and every other weekend. He's complained to his mom that the food here isn't good, he isn't full, etc. SO he often will go buy himself fast food or something like a huge expensive steak and make it himself...

My little ones get so jealous that their big brother is having pizza or a sub or a steak. And when my DH said something to him, he said he can't afford food for the whole family. Today I said hew as being rude when my dd who is 7 starting crying cause he was having a chipotle burrito for dinner and we were having buttered noodles and salad. He just got up and left without a word

What do you think??? I'm at. A loss
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:31 PM
10 moms liked this

I think your dh needs to work harder to proivide for his family. and he's raised an asshole for a son.

CameraMum
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Well it's rude not to eat the meal that was made for you, maybe he needs to eat out and come over after he's finished (sorry trying to find a compromise)

lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:32 PM
4 moms liked this
He should have more consideration and eat at the restaurant if he prefers takeout.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:32 PM
Does your ss have a job? Where's the money coming from to eat out?
tattedmommy730
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:33 PM
Im sorry mama. Hes a teenager and they are often rude. A couple night of not having pizza and burritos wont hurt him any. Maybe you can find a way to add more flavoring to the meals.
catcameback
by on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:33 PM
2 moms liked this

He shoudl eat at the restaurant and you should take heed when your children are crying over food and hungry.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be disappointed he didn't share with his younger sister. Mine would. As far as the rest your DH needs to step it up and provide better food for all of his children.

liza44
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:34 PM
3 moms liked this
What do you want him to do he's freaking hungry?
Sara-1989
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:34 PM
3 moms liked this
It sounds like no one has control of him. He wouldn't bring it into my house and he certainly wouldn't be allowed to come and goes as he pleases.
EAzizM
by Erica on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:34 PM
7 moms liked this
I think you need to do what you can to provide for your own family. He doesn't owe you or your kids anything.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)