Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Trust me..I'm a nurse"..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
There was kind of a heated debate among Facebook friends earlier about whether or not you should circumcise. I noticed one person was like "PLEASE CIRCUMCISE YOUR CHILD! TRUST ME..I'M A NURSE".... I thought that was a little strange lol

When you see people say things like this, does it actually influence your decision? I don't see why it would.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2014 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smalltownteddy
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 1:23 AM
Other people in general don't really affect my decisions. Especially on the Internet.
-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 1:24 AM

Comments like that make me sick. 

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Sep. 1, 2014 at 1:25 AM
Some random person saying "trust me I'm a nurse" has zero bearing on my decisions...
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:13 AM
No, I do my own research.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:14 AM
Nope. Dh's mom and stepmom are both nurses and that terrifies me. I'd be less likely to take advice from a nurse because of those two lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this
When my son was in the hospital and I said I didn't want him circumcised the male surgeon let out a huge sigh of relief and said "oh thank God".
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 1, 2014 at 7:06 AM
Absolutely not!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 1, 2014 at 7:17 AM
I think she means that in her experience as a nurse it's been better to circ. I'm a nurse also and care is easier for clients who are circ'd.. My son is circumsized at the request of hubby (he is too). Honestly though it makes little difference to me what others choose to do with theirs or their child's penis. It certainly doesn't change the way I treat my patients.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 1, 2014 at 7:18 AM
Why? What did they do?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Nope. Dh's mom and stepmom are both nurses and that terrifies me. I'd be less likely to take advice from a nurse because of those two lol
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Sep. 1, 2014 at 7:19 AM
I don't base any parenting decisions off FB comments.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)