Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son is constantly trying to make himself throw up .

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 3:51 AM
  • 24 Replies
My 1 year old just picked this up a few days ago . He will put his fingers down his throat and gag . He does it throughout the day . I stop him especially since he's thrown up 3xs . Has your child gone through this stage ????? How did you get them to stop ??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 3:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
XxComplicatedxX
by ~Danielle~ on Sep. 1, 2014 at 3:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Ahhhhhh my dd does this too! I fucking hate it. It sounds so awful when she gags. I've done research and talked to the ped about it. What I've come up with is that this is just something new they've found out their bodies can do...and bonus: Mom freaks out. The pediatrician said to completely ignore it, which is easy for him to say because he doesn't have to clean up the vomit. But I've tried and she seems to finally be coming out of it. She is 16 mos. Hope it gets better for you. It's a tough phase! Hugs!
want10more
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 4:01 AM
1 mom liked this

my boy did that w/ his spoon. at every meal. i think maybe he just found out it was a weird feeling that he wanted to try? i just said no no baby, that makes your tummy sad. he's 2 now, and he's stopped. i think it's just a weird lil thingee that babies sometimes try, just to learn about what happens? don't worry yet, he's still so lil.

SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 4:06 AM
Ah he's 14 months and it's only been a few days but the gagging truly freaks me out . How long did it last for you ??

Quoting XxComplicatedxX: Ahhhhhh my dd does this too! I fucking hate it. It sounds so awful when she gags. I've done research and talked to the ped about it. What I've come up with is that this is just something new they've found out their bodies can do...and bonus: Mom freaks out. The pediatrician said to completely ignore it, which is easy for him to say because he doesn't have to clean up the vomit. But I've tried and she seems to finally be coming out of it. She is 16 mos. Hope it gets better for you. It's a tough phase! Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 4:07 AM
I'm not really worried, I just want him to stop lol

Quoting want10more:

my boy did that w/ his spoon. at every meal. i think maybe he just found out it was a weird feeling that he wanted to try? i just said no no baby, that makes your tummy sad. he's 2 now, and he's stopped. i think it's just a weird lil thingee that babies sometimes try, just to learn about what happens? don't worry yet, he's still so lil.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinybluemoon
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 4:11 AM
1 mom liked this

It's just a new sensation that he has discovered by accident. Nothing to worry about and he will outgrow it,

want10more
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 4:12 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL yeah i did too! but trying to reason w/ a 1 yr old? is the same as talking to a 15 yr old girl about drama. they're like, whaaaaa??????????? it's their nature, and we just gotta say calgon take me awayyyyy until they grow past that ewwy part i think! haha

Quoting SendMeBabyDust: I'm not really worried, I just want him to stop lol
Quoting want10more:

theTosh.O
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 4:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Piss on him

SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 4:14 AM
Oh .

Quoting theTosh.O:

Piss on him

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 4:15 AM
I'm just wondering when lol . the sound is just weird and freaks me out .

Quoting tinybluemoon:

It's just a new sensation that he has discovered by accident. Nothing to worry about and he will outgrow it,

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 1, 2014 at 4:17 AM

Did you find out about his rash . I have not been on for a bit

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN