Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pink eye or cold symptom??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
If your kids have ever had pink eye, does normally start with a cold?? Or is it typically just the eyes?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2014 at 4:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2014 at 4:49 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2014 at 4:50 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2014 at 4:50 AM
Bump
amje
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 5:07 AM
When the kids had pinkeye there were no cold symptoms. Unless they're getting pinkeye and happened to have picked up a cold virus that's kicking in at the same time, there should be no cold symptoms. Recently my 2yo and 6 month old had gobs of yellow ick coming out of their eyes but their eyes weren't pink. Each child developed a cough within 2 days of the yuck coming out of their eyes. Of course they each had a virus and it was in their eyes as well as lungs. I knew that this happened but my older three kids never had it. The infected eye/s in my lo's didn't get pink like pinkeye unless they rubbed them a lot. We used the RX eye drops their pediatrician gave them and left their coughs alone, & the virus went away like a virus should.
t1gger143
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 5:15 AM
I seem to get it with a cold. I keep antibiotics around because I was getting it so often.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 1, 2014 at 7:40 AM
The only time dd had it she had caught some other virus at the same time. She had fever, runny nose, ear infection and conjunctivitis.
TeamWillis06
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 7:44 AM
Just eye.
seraphimsong
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 7:46 AM
Mine usually don't get a cold with it, but some do. The only way to know is to be seen and get the drops. There are so many different eye infections, some viral some bacterial. Our Dr. usually gives us drops and if they don't help we know it's viral and just have to wait it out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 1, 2014 at 7:49 AM

My DD2 usually gets it, and it can accompany a cold.  Most of the time it's just by itself and very contagious.

New.OrleansLady
by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 7:52 AM
Usually just the eyes. If they have cold symptoms too it's probably allergies. That's usually was dds is and that's how the pedi explained it to me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN