Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What was your goals before you had kids?

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:10 AM
  • 13 Replies
And did u reach all of them? If soo why or why not? Do you regret anything?
by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theTosh.O
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:12 AM
1 mom liked this

To be happy.

teenkabear
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:14 AM

My goal was to get my children.  I've had them for over 3 years.  Now I'm working on other stuff.

AilsaSeoid
by UnicornMayo on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:16 AM
*were, not was.

1- To not have a kid(s).✘
2- Finish school or start paralegal school. ✘
3- Move. ✓
4- Get a car. ✓
5- Be financially stable. ✘
6- Be happy. ✓
bnj03
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:18 AM
Get my phd in chil psychology, practice for a little bit then open an before/after school care and rec center in my small town (before I moved). I would offer cheap help because there isn't any close for families there. I also wanted to be a guardian ad liem. Early morning so sorry for any spelling mistakes. No I haven't even come close to my goal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:25 AM

Go to college, get married, buy house, have some beautiful babies, and try to do a good job raising those babies.   I've completed all but the last one.  Still working on it since they're still little.  My only regret is not getting married and starting a family sooner.  Sometimes I feel too damn old (almost 40) to be carrying toddlers and babies around and changing diapers.  Seriously though, I love it, I love my babies!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:26 AM

Grad school, I was going to be a librarian.  I planned to have 6 kids, but I wanted to be a working mom.   I always assumed I'd own a nice house and never really struggle with money.  Vacations to Disney World every year, then retire (early) and travel the country in an RV, occasionally we would travel the world too.

I graduated undergrad, I did work as a librarian for a few years but I never made it to grad school.  My house is kind of crappy and my husband and I have struggled with money a lot in our 12 years of marriage, probably because we had kids before we were financially stable.  But we didn't really have a choice and I don't regret our decision to start early--I received the news that I would probably have fertility issues when I was 19, so we got married right away and started trying.  Within a year I was pregnant, but I miscarried.  The next pregnancy took and I carried to term.  Then 7 years later I had another baby, now we are done.  We've only been to Disney once (money is tight and my husband hates amusement parks) and the only time I've been out of the US was to visit Niagara Falls.  

I'm only 32, so a lot can happen before retirement, maybe I'll get my RV after all.  I hope that once both our kids are older it'll be a little easier for both my husband and me to work more/get better jobs.  Right now we both try to be flexible with our employment so that we can spend more time together as a family.

Teeter-Tottered
by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:38 AM
My goal has always been to be a SAHM and homeschool since I was about seven and got over wanting to be a ninja turtle lol.

I took a lot of turns to get here, traveling/ jobs/ schooling, etc. but I finally got here!

We're starting our first day of homeschool today, and I'm so excited!

Edit: although I have some regrets about things I've done/ people I've been with, I don't have any pertaining to where we're at right now. It's not exactly as I imagined ( or where I imagined lol), but I still got here, and I'm happy with how it all turned out :)
suzanneyea
by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:51 AM

I'm not sure I had any major goals. I finished graduated school and was successful at work, but I always assumed I would do that, I can't say it was a goal. We were married, owned our home, but again, I just assumed that is how life went.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:57 AM
Finish school and become an x-Ray tech or something in the medical field. Instead I got married, had babies and got a degree in ECE. It kind of fell into my lap and the hours worked with having a family. Plus I'm good at it and there's something to say about being good at something.
Pipersmom1988
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 7:00 AM
Honestly I didn't have any till I had kids. Dh and I got married and want to enjoy married life before kids but that didn't happen I got pregnant a month after getting married.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN