Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm personally devastated, *Joan Rivers related* however *Update on her?*

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 5:20 PM
  • 61 Replies

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/video/joan-rivers-family-considering-lawsuit-154749167.html

Do you really feel in this Joan Rivers case, that there should be a lawsuit? I have read things like they should not have been doing the surgery to someone so old, as an outpaitent type surgery.

I get that, but with any surgeries you know there are risks, anytime. Shit happens and I don't think anyone was particularly negligent here. (From what I know) Seems a bit much, especially considering she is still alive for now. 

I am still hoping she pulls through, full recovery. It is looking more glim though each time I see something posted. =

I do feel at this time it seems completely out of hand. Thoughts?

So I read in a new article that in the coming days Melissa might have to pull her mither from life support or start making those decisions.

It truly is not looking well at all :(

by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kikibix
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know the details really but no they should not be suing.  The older you are, plus the more times you have gone under general anaesthesia, the higher the risk.  Considering she is alive, they sound like heartless money grubbing asses.

the.B.karma
by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 5:50 PM

I agree. I am trying not to jump to conclusions thugh since it's all articles/hearsay, who knows what is true or not. Plus, I really like the family, but it all is sounding messed up now unless there is more to the story.

Quoting kikibix:

I don't know the details really but no they should not be suing.  The older you are, plus the more times you have gone under general anaesthesia, the higher the risk.  Considering she is alive, they sound like heartless money grubbing asses.

the.B.karma
by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Bump!

HaYouFail
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 5:58 PM

I CANNOT TAKE HER AND ROBIN WILLIAMS DYING WEEKS APART!

*Deep breath*

surgery for someone her age is always a gamble, :(  sadly I do not think she will pull through.

the.B.karma
by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Yeah, from being in a medically induced coma and heart attack, and now I am reading there is a good chance of her being a "vegetable" or losing brain function now... Not looking good whatsoever. =( I love her too! =(

Quoting HaYouFail:

*Deep breath*

surgery for someone her age is always a gamble, :(  sadly I do not think she will pull through.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:04 PM
Why are people so lawsuit happy? Yesterday my brother in law said I should have sued a pizza place because a piece of the soda machine fell off and hit my kid in the face. Not traumatized no long term injuries but I should sue because I'll get money.
drowningmama
by vendetta on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:06 PM
Ohhhhh I love Joan Rivers!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the.B.karma
by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 7:45 PM

I do as well

Quoting drowningmama: Ohhhhh I love I Joan Rivers!

the.B.karma
by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Wow, yeah, see I am not that way either. People have gotten out of hand these days.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Why are people so lawsuit happy? Yesterday my brother in law said I should have sued a pizza place because a piece of the soda machine fell off and hit my kid in the face. Not traumatized no long term injuries but I should sue because I'll get money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 1, 2014 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh, were they personal friends of yours?

Quoting HaYouFail:

*Deep breath*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)