Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Whatever happened to customer service?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

About two months ago I picked out my wedding dress. They told me to come in 2-3 weeks before for a final fitting. I went in today and the dress didn't fit the way I wanted it too.  The top part slipped and it felt bunched in the waist/hip.  They said they would fix it by 18 sept. My wedding is 20 sept. 

I found another dress on the rack that fit perfectly and was the same price.  They didn't want to exchange because I had paid for the other one already. They hadn't altered it yet. They couldn't do as promised. Seriously.  Two days before my wedding. I had to break out the water works before they agreed to do as I asked.  It wasn't like they were out of money.  They hadn't yet altered the dress.  The same dress was on the rack.  But eventually they let me exchange and I got a better dress.  I paid an extra $12 because it was a little more.  It needs no alteration. Now I just need to hit up VS for a different bra. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2014 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Bump
Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 5:34 PM
That's pretty standard for a final fitting.
However, it's crap that you had to fight to get an exchange for an unaltered dress.
grey7399
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 5:39 PM

you got lucky.  bridal places are NOTORIOUS for "stick to the original".  no reason sways them.

skittleshawk
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 5:41 PM

if their policy is no exchanges then your wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2014 at 5:57 PM
They also said as long as I was in two weeks prior to the wedding I would have my dress one week before. Then it changed to two days. What if I go in at two days and the dress doesn't fit right. They set this appointment up for me.

Quoting skittleshawk:

if their policy is no exchanges then your wrong.

mojogirl
by Alice Liddell on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:02 PM

if this was your final fitting then they had altered the dress already

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2014 at 7:03 PM
No. Because originally it didn't need altered. But I lost some weight. So then it needed altered. Which is why they said come in closer to the wedding. So if it needed altered at that time they would do it.

Quoting mojogirl:

if this was your final fitting then they had altered the dress already

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 1, 2014 at 7:14 PM
I had a similar issue with my dd's junior brides maid dress. The original dress didn't fit her properly so David's bridals said they would send it to be altered and to call back on the date given-2weeks later. The wedding was 3 weeks later so we had one week to make sure it was the right fit. I waited 2 weeks and 2 days with no dress and no return calls. I finally drove there and demanded to know why dd's dress was'nt ready. The wedding day is approaching and she needed her dress. They said the dress was lost. LOST! I was pissed! I then asked them why no one called to tell me this and the sales lady said she called the bride to be. I told her she should've called ME! I'm the one paying for it and it's MY DAUGHTER'S dress! It wasn't cheap either! $300 for a plain satin dress. No frills or decors. I called b2be and asked her what I should do and she suggested I get my money back and go to another place she recommended. At first the lady gave me a hard time with my refund telling me that it was a clearance item and a final sale. I was dumbfounded! How the fuck does that make sense when there's no fucking dress??? Some people are idiots!! Btw, the other place had almost a exact replica of the other dress for half the price.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2014 at 7:30 PM
I finally got a dress. But it took forever. The lady kept saying. You should have come in earlier. It was the same exact lady who made my appt for 19 days before my wedding.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I had a similar issue with my dd's junior brides maid dress. The original dress didn't fit her properly so David's bridals said they would send it to be altered and to call back on the date given-2weeks later. The wedding was 3 weeks later so we had one week to make sure it was the right fit. I waited 2 weeks and 2 days with no dress and no return calls. I finally drove there and demanded to know why dd's dress was'nt ready. The wedding day is approaching and she needed her dress. They said the dress was lost. LOST! I was pissed! I then asked them why no one called to tell me this and the sales lady said she called the bride to be. I told her she should've called ME! I'm the one paying for it and it's MY DAUGHTER'S dress! It wasn't cheap either! $300 for a plain satin dress. No frills or decors. I called b2be and asked her what I should do and she suggested I get my money back and go to another place she recommended. At first the lady gave me a hard time with my refund telling me that it was a clearance item and a final sale. I was dumbfounded! How the fuck does that make sense when there's no fucking dress??? Some people are idiots!! Btw, the other place had almost a exact replica of the other dress for half the price.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)