Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Apparently we cant walk around in our own apartment

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
Our downstairs neighbor saw us outside today and proceeded to tell us we NEED to quit stomping bc she has a baby.. Umm.. Sorry the floors are not sound proof, nor do we stomp but we have kids.. Any and all noise in our house during the week from the kids is over at 830pm and on weekends 10pm .. I'm not gonna tip toe around for your convenience! Its apartment life, we have a dog above us we can hear sometimes but it happens.. Not to mention these lovely downstairs neighbors have the bass up soooo loud I can hear what they're watching and listening to all hours of the day and night. I cant wait to buy our house next year!!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2014 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
strongforthem
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 5:55 PM

People need to understand that living in apartments mean that you hear your neighbors.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2014 at 5:57 PM
3 moms liked this
I should have asked her if her bf started taking care of their daughter yet bc I could hear her yelling at him bc he doesnt feed the baby.. Lol

Quoting strongforthem:

People need to understand that living in apartments mean that you hear your neighbors.

by Spider.Bully on Sep. 1, 2014 at 5:57 PM

I love my mother, but she gets like this , too.

I tell her as long as it's not past such and such time and they are not banging on the walls, walking around is not something you can be upset about.

I've had bad neighbors blasting music so bad I can feel it in my feet . Neighbors walking around is a walk in the park.

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 5:58 PM
I have the same issue with my downstairs neighbors. She's had the nerve to call the apartment manager on me for vacuuming at noon... Or my kids making noise in the afternoon. Usually around 3-6. The apartment manager asked me if I'd take the kids outside more. Yea, not between 3-6, that's the heat of the day in an Oklahoma summer. They also complain if the kids make noise after 5.

Their issue is that everyone in their house is on a different schedule. But still, not my problem.

Seriously, you live beneath a three bedroom apartment, the likeliness of kids occupying out was rather high.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Yea our neighbor claimed she went down to the leasing office to talk to them.. Wtf?! We have a 3 bedroom apt also, its apartment life there will be kids, there will be noise!

Quoting firespurity: I have the same issue with my downstairs neighbors. She's had the nerve to call the apartment manager on me for vacuuming at noon... Or my kids making noise in the afternoon. Usually around 3-6. The apartment manager asked me if I'd take the kids outside more. Yea, not between 3-6, that's the heat of the day in an Oklahoma summer. They also complain if the kids make noise after 5.

Their issue is that everyone in their house is on a different schedule. But still, not my problem.

Seriously, you live beneath a three bedroom apartment, the likeliness of kids occupying out was rather high.
catcameback
by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:03 PM

That annoys me, unless it's above and beyond normal daily life then you need to just ignore it.

I can hear my neighbours, it does annoy me sometimes, but I just pop on headphones or ignore it. But then I am sure they can hear me.

Apartment living requires a live and let live mentality, if you can't do that you need to live in a house .

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:04 PM
My downstairs neighbors are a couple of grumpy old men who have beat on their ceiling over my dog jumping around. Dog weighs 13lbs.

Years ago I had neighbors who complained about everything. Every little noise. As they were moving out I told them I knew they watched Law & Order every night at 6, got up to work at 5 am, basically their entire routine. They felt bad because obviously the issue was the paper thin walls, not excessive noise.
Phoenix_lament
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:09 PM
You should have!

Quoting Anonymous 1: I should have asked her if her bf started taking care of their daughter yet bc I could hear her yelling at him bc he doesnt feed the baby.. Lol

Quoting strongforthem:

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:12 PM
I hated apartment living and was soooo glad to get a house lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)