Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

a fundraiser for someone struggling with addiction

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
I have a loved one struggling with addiction. They have no insurance and no money. There is pretty much little to no help if you don't have either. I have tried and called many places. My last resort to help is hold a benefit for this person and try to have a fundraiser of some sort. I know it's a controversial thing, but I am really worried for this persons life. They would go to rehab if they had the option. I live about an hour from Chicago and thinking of doing it out there to raise awareness. Is this an idea or not? Any advice ?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:26 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:28 PM
No one I know would give money to an addict like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Spaghetti dinner raffle oh and here's a bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:32 PM
Yeah I guess it was just a thought. I'm just worried about them dying. It's such a terrible thing to watch. I just was trying to think of a way to make something good happen for them. Like I said, I know people look down on addicts so I didn't know if it was even worth it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: No one I know would give money to an addict like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:34 PM
Is more of a how can we trust they will get help and not go on a drug binge.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah I guess it was just a thought. I'm just worried about them dying. It's such a terrible thing to watch. I just was trying to think of a way to make something good happen for them. Like I said, I know people look down on addicts so I didn't know if it was even worth it.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:35 PM
I would NOT donate to that. It'll all end up in their nose or arm.
Tuned.Out
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:36 PM

You are most likely not going to find anyone, other than possibly family  members, who would donate to such a cause.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:38 PM
I wasn't even going to tell them I was doing it. And if , if the if is a long shot, if I did find a way to pay for it, I wouldn't tell them how. Just that a rehab and detox is opening doors to them.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Is more of a how can we trust they will get help and not go on a drug binge.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah I guess it was just a thought. I'm just worried about them dying. It's such a terrible thing to watch. I just was trying to think of a way to make something good happen for them. Like I said, I know people look down on addicts so I didn't know if it was even worth it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:38 PM
Yeah I didn't think it was likely. Thank you for your input

Quoting Tuned.Out:

You are most likely not going to find anyone, other than possibly family  members, who would donate to such a cause.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 1, 2014 at 6:39 PM
There are many places that have free rehabs. Obviously they aren't Betty ford type places. But still....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)