Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Everyone KNOWZ how I feel about TEEN MOMS but come on people...

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2014 at 7:00 PM
  • 73 Replies
2 moms liked this

You cannot condem a teen mom for using WIC when most people of any age, any marriage status qualify and use it also.

by on Sep. 2, 2014 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

shhhhhhhhhh your logical common sense side is showing.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 2, 2014 at 7:01 PM

I know my bad! Im supposed to be pissing teen moms off, not sticking up fur them sheesh

Quoting frndlyfn:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 2, 2014 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Did someone give you catnip today? You're being extra nice :)
thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 2, 2014 at 7:03 PM

lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: Did someone give you catnip today? You're being extra nice :)

lalaballet
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 7:05 PM
Cats *are* unpredictable so this can slide!

Quoting thetrollcat:

I know my bad! Im supposed to be pissing teen moms off, not sticking up fur them sheesh

Quoting frndlyfn:

katemckenzie
by Kate on Sep. 2, 2014 at 7:08 PM

I'm confused why people assume young moms are all on WIC though...
The hospital staff and my OB office staff all kept asking if I had signed up for WIC yet... I'm like "uh, no? I don't need WIC."

They're like "OH BUT YOU CAN GET SOME OF YOUR GROCERIES FOR FREE!" Yeah, I don't need free groceries, but thanks. I was on WIC with DS, and it was almost more trouble than it was worth, to have to do all those damn visits and weight checks at a busy ass, ghetto clinic. It was only worth it because I couldn't breastfeed him and his formula was 38 bucks a can. I breastfeed DD though, and probably wouldn't even apply even if she was formula fed. 

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 7:26 PM

I can not pet you.  I put on some cocoa butter lotion for my dry skin.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting frndlyfn:

thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 2, 2014 at 10:25 PM

I dont think its a shameful thing for people to use WIC, if its there use it. But I was like you, I declined, too much of a pain in the ass. Additional appointments and running around.

Quoting katemckenzie:

I'm confused why people assume young moms are all on WIC though...The hospital staff and my OB office staff all kept asking if I had signed up for WIC yet... I'm like "uh, no? I don't need WIC."They're like "OH BUT YOU CAN GET SOME OF YOUR GROCERIES FOR FREE!" Yeah, I don't need free groceries, but thanks. I was on WIC with DS, and it was almost more trouble than it was worth, to have to do all those damn visits and weight checks at a busy ass, ghetto clinic. It was only worth it because I couldn't breastfeed him and his formula was 38 bucks a can. I breastfeed DD though, and probably wouldn't even apply even if she was formula fed. 

katemckenzie
by Kate on Sep. 3, 2014 at 12:59 AM
When I lived half an hour north of here, I could use the North County clinic, which was peaceful, and usually only had a couple people waiting there at a time, if any at all.
The clinic near me now is the same one I had to use when I was pregnant with DS, before we moved north, and OMFG it's awful. The waiting room is so full of trashy people, screaming, rude little brats everywhere, knocking shit over and slapping babies, and the nurses are so overwhelmed by the bullshit that they treat everyone like a number. If I were on WIC now, that's the clinic I'd have to use, and NOPE, NO THANK YOU, I'LL PAY FOR MY PEANUT BETTER AND MILK OUT OF POCKET, THANKS.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I dont think its a shameful thing for people to use WIC, if its there use it. But I was like you, I declined, too much of a pain in the ass. Additional appointments and running around.

Quoting katemckenzie:

I'm confused why people assume young moms are all on WIC though...The hospital staff and my OB office staff all kept asking if I had signed up for WIC yet... I'm like "uh, no? I don't need WIC."They're like "OH BUT YOU CAN GET SOME OF YOUR GROCERIES FOR FREE!" Yeah, I don't need free groceries, but thanks. I was on WIC with DS, and it was almost more trouble than it was worth, to have to do all those damn visits and weight checks at a busy ass, ghetto clinic. It was only worth it because I couldn't breastfeed him and his formula was 38 bucks a can. I breastfeed DD though, and probably wouldn't even apply even if she was formula fed. 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 3, 2014 at 8:16 AM

icky....

Quoting katemckenzie: When I lived half an hour north of here, I could use the North County clinic, which was peaceful, and usually only had a couple people waiting there at a time, if any at all. The clinic near me now is the same one I had to use when I was pregnant with DS, before we moved north, and OMFG it's awful. The waiting room is so full of trashy people, screaming, rude little brats everywhere, knocking shit over and slapping babies, and the nurses are so overwhelmed by the bullshit that they treat everyone like a number. If I were on WIC now, that's the clinic I'd have to use, and NOPE, NO THANK YOU, I'LL PAY FOR MY PEANUT BETTER AND MILK OUT OF POCKET, THANKS.
Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting katemckenzie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)