Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

PMDD

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

Anyone been diagnosed? What types of treatments are there and which are best? I have a dr appt Monday but I really think I have issues with it. Any advice or tips?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 3, 2014 at 6:07 AM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 3, 2014 at 6:26 AM

What do the abbreviations stand for?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 3, 2014 at 6:30 AM
I have it and am planning to have my uterus removed. My mom had it and it worked wonders for her. At 29 my moods are so bad I end up suicidal and screaming at everyone including strangers for almost two weeks before my period and two days of......and that's just the moods. They say birth control works but I'm pregnant with my last and don't want the hassle of it anymore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 3, 2014 at 6:35 AM
I have it, with medication and exercise, I am doing a lot better. My period no longer sends me into a suicidal lunatic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 3, 2014 at 6:37 AM
Ugh I wish meds worked for me. Ice taken everything given to me for it and nothing will end the madness.

Quoting Anonymous 4: I have it, with medication and exercise, I am doing a lot better. My period no longer sends me into a suicidal lunatic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 3, 2014 at 6:42 AM
:( I'm sorry to hear that, I hope that the hysterectomy gives you relief.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Ugh I wish meds worked for me. Ice taken everything given to me for it and nothing will end the madness.

Quoting Anonymous 4: I have it, with medication and exercise, I am doing a lot better. My period no longer sends me into a suicidal lunatic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 3, 2014 at 8:39 AM

I was wondering if that would be the most guaranteed to work option. My tubes are already tied and I had uterine ablation done, both in may of last year and the pmdd has gotten worse every month since then. If that's the most guaranteed option then I think I'll opt for that in a heartbeat.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I have it and am planning to have my uterus removed. My mom had it and it worked wonders for her. At 29 my moods are so bad I end up suicidal and screaming at everyone including strangers for almost two weeks before my period and two days of......and that's just the moods. They say birth control works but I'm pregnant with my last and don't want the hassle of it anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 3, 2014 at 8:45 AM

My friend and I both have PMDD, we both have seen a doctor, but we chose different treatments for ourselves. She takes Prozac the weeks that she's feeling down, it seems to help her. I chose vitamins and other supplements. I take a multi vitamin, Fish Oil, Evening Primrose Oil (this is the main one that treats PMDD), D3, St Johns Wort, and green tea. I'll admit that it's a lot of pills but there have been no negative side effects for me and they've also helped my anxiety issues that I was having. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 3, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Yup. I had to seek a second opinion because my doctor said my issues were "just hormones, it's natural. You'll be fine" after I finally told him about what was going on. I was like a raging lunatic half the month, and this all came about after I had major problems with cysts on my ovaries. It got so bad I didn't want to live anymore, but I was holding on for my kids. I'm doing much better now! Yes, hormones play a big role in it, but I (and everybody around me) shouldn't have to suffer from it.

embrigmom
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 8:57 AM

I've often wondered if I have it. Dh says I'm pretty bad with my moods right before my period. Not down just supper angery and just about everything sets me off. By day 2 or 3 of my period I'm fine and happy again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)