Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Drugs and pregnancy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
Okay, first I'm going to the Dr but they can't see me for two weeks. I'm scared. I am pregnant. Lmp was end of July. I am on a bunch of meds. Cymbalta, Lamitical, and Valium. Has anyone used these meds before during pregnancy and if so did you have a healthy pregnancy? I'm scared something will be wrong with my baby and health professionals won't give me answers until I see them.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 3, 2014 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 3, 2014 at 2:23 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Bump for morning crowd?
redneckmama4
by Loree on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:10 AM
The valium should be fine but not sure on the others. GL in your pregnancy and congratulations!
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:12 AM
I had to get off ativan when I was pregnant. Valium is a benzodiazepine like ativan.
Mamatobe15
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:13 AM

I've never taken them. Here's a bump. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:14 AM
The valium is the one I'm MOST worried about. How long were you on the ativan before you found out? I know any answers are anecdotal but I'm grasping at straws here.

Quoting Danesmommy1: I had to get off ativan when I was pregnant. Valium is a benzodiazepine like ativan.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:16 AM
The valium is the one that's scares me the most lol. Thank you mama!

Quoting redneckmama4: The valium should be fine but not sure on the others. GL in your pregnancy and congratulations!
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:16 AM
I found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks and tapered off the ativan for about 2 weeks.

Quoting Anonymous 1: The valium is the one I'm MOST worried about. How long were you on the ativan before you found out? I know any answers are anecdotal but I'm grasping at straws here.

Quoting Danesmommy1: I had to get off ativan when I was pregnant. Valium is a benzodiazepine like ativan.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:17 AM
And baby is fine?

Quoting Danesmommy1: I found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks and tapered off the ativan for about 2 weeks.

Quoting Anonymous 1: The valium is the one I'm MOST worried about. How long were you on the ativan before you found out? I know any answers are anecdotal but I'm grasping at straws here.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Yes, no ill effects.

Quoting Anonymous 1: And baby is fine?

Quoting Danesmommy1: I found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks and tapered off the ativan for about 2 weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN