Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

teen getting married

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

My sd is a senior she just turned 18, a month ago she comes in with her boyfriend of two months and announces that she got married to him. She tells me and her father that she and her husband are moving in.

My husband looks at her and tells her no. He is not supporting another adult. Neither her nor her husband have jobs my husband and I are not supporting them. We already also have a house full. I have my 2 daughters and his daughter and two sons living with us. We told her she can live here and she can get a job and save money and that her husband can live at his families and get a job and save money then they can look for a place. Opinions? 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gypsy30
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:19 AM
2 moms liked this

it astonishes me that young people get married with absolutely no means to support themselves...it was a stupid thing to do and I agree with you, and your stand...I would not take in her freeloader husband either...if they don't like it, they can figure something else out...

LoveNaCupcake
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:21 AM
I'd give her the same choice.
Sparkler16
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Id kill her! God help me if my daughters are ever that stupid. I don't blame you at all for your decision.
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:23 AM
I wouldn't have let her husband move in either. If they want to live together as husband & wife, it's time to get jobs & find an apartment.
kaybayblee3
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Yeah no I wouldn't let that happen either. I got married at 18, but my DH and I had our own place, and both had jobs. If they can't be responsible, then they shouldn't be getting married.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Yeah, FUCK THAT. No way on hell I'd have let that guy move in.
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:26 AM

I would have said the same thing. 

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Quoting Sparkler16: Id kill her! God help me if my daughters are ever that stupid. I don't blame you at all for your decision.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:26 AM

I don't think they should be married at all, they are seniors in high school with no way of supporting themselves. 

LiliM
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Nope.  You're an adult but this is my house.  You don't come in here and tell me what's going to happen in my home.

LOL.  Teenagers are so stupid.  It breaks my heart, but I'd tell the kid that SHE can live here until grad, but then she and her DH are on their own and THEY are not living here.  And that if she EVER comes into my home again and tells me what's what - she is getting eviction papers.

She's changed her legal status in most states by being 18 and getting married.  I'd let her know that, and that she is entitled to NOTHING other than what I might give her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN