Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hope it's only a sprain.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
A few hours ago I was out cutting the grass, with a push mower, and a rock kicked out and hit my ankle. Omg, the pain was unbelievable! It felt like I'd been shot. I couldn't feel my foot and it was tingling bad. My ankle instantly swelled and bruised. I can't bend my ankle at all and it hurts so bad when I try to put weight on it. I have it elevated right now and the pain is making me sick. Dh wants to wait and see if the pain subsides in a couple of days before I have my dr look at it. I don't think I can last a couple of days, the pain is terrible! I hope it is only a sprain and gets better in a couple of days.

When the rock hit my ankle it instantly went numb so I didn't feel it pop or snap. Just a lot of tingling. There is a puncture wound of my ankle but it could be from where the rock hit.

Would you wait it out or have it checked out first thing in the morning?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 3, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kidkrazyinAK
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 11:58 PM

It could be lots of things besides a break...but a sprain is not one of them. It take a twist or bend to damage the ligaments for a sprain.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 4, 2014 at 12:00 AM
I'd take some advil & see the doctor tomorrow
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2014 at 12:00 AM
I thought so but I wasn't sure.

Quoting kidkrazyinAK:

It could be lots of things besides a break...but a sprain is not one of them. It take a twist or bend to damage the ligaments for a sprain.

rebeccasmommy09
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 12:01 AM
I would be heading to the doctor. Definitely doesn't sound like a sprain.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2014 at 12:02 AM
I took some. I'll probably call my dr in the morning. I've had 4 surgeries on this foot so I should be sure it's not fractured or anything.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'd take some advil & see the doctor tomorrow
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2014 at 12:05 AM
The pain and swelling has been spreading so I'm not sure what happened to it. The pain and swelling goes from the middle of my ankle to mid foot and down to my heel. It's black and my toes look bruised, too. Bad timing for me to injure it.

Quoting rebeccasmommy09: I would be heading to the doctor. Definitely doesn't sound like a sprain.
rebeccasmommy09
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 12:12 AM
I would definitely get that looked at ASAP.

Quoting Anonymous 1: The pain and swelling has been spreading so I'm not sure what happened to it. The pain and swelling goes from the middle of my ankle to mid foot and down to my heel. It's black and my toes look bruised, too. Bad timing for me to injure it.

Quoting rebeccasmommy09: I would be heading to the doctor. Definitely doesn't sound like a sprain.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2014 at 12:16 AM
I'll call my dr first thing in the morning. Thanks for the help.

Quoting rebeccasmommy09: I would definitely get that looked at ASAP.

Quoting Anonymous 1: The pain and swelling has been spreading so I'm not sure what happened to it. The pain and swelling goes from the middle of my ankle to mid foot and down to my heel. It's black and my toes look bruised, too. Bad timing for me to injure it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)