Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you marry for money?

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:36 AM
  • 336 Replies
1 mom liked this

Imagine you are single.  You know a wealthy man (he's has a business with 9-12 million in revenue of which roughly 30% is profit).  He's decent looking.  He's a decent, moral man.  He was a good husband and is a good father.  You've known each other since elementary school and it has never been a secret that he was interested in dating you.  You know that you'll never be madly in love with him--for whatever reason, he's not the type of guy who would ever sweep you off your feet.  He'll never be madly in love with you because he's not the romantic type who falls madly in love with anyone.  His wife died 8 months ago, leaving him 3 young children to care for.  He likes being married, likes having a wife to come home to and keep things running smoothly at home.  He's a devoted family man.  

So, if he asked, would you marry him?  

If it matters you made out with him at a party in high school.  It wasn't the best kiss ever, but it wasn't the worst either.  

by on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RocknRoll.Rose
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:41 AM
3 moms liked this
I am single but no I wouldn't marry for that reason. Of course, I'm just plain not interested in marriage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LauraBelle9812
by EmmasMom on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:41 AM
7 moms liked this
Hmmm... If my hubby died then maybe... I could never imagine loving anyone ever again. So I guess I would
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:42 AM
2 moms liked this
I'd consider it. It wouldn't be just for the money though.
SexyBurlapSack
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:42 AM
6 moms liked this

Nope. If I'm not marrying for love, then I'm not marrying at all.

saraface5383
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:43 AM
17 moms liked this
Fuck yeah
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:45 AM
Nope. In my case it was a happy bonus ;)
TheYesMom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:45 AM
Id be ok with that
DarksMama
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:45 AM
If I were single, I'd at least give it some thought.
Bluerose1482
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:51 AM

That's the case.  Her husband, whom she dearly loved, is deceased.  She has two kids of her own--both older than his oldest.

Quoting LauraBelle9812: Hmmm... If my hubby died then maybe... I could never imagine loving anyone ever again. So I guess I would

LauraBelle9812
by EmmasMom on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:54 AM
What are the ages of his kids?

Quoting Bluerose1482:

That's the case.  Her husband, whom she dearly loved, is deceased.  She has two kids of her own--both older than his oldest.

Quoting LauraBelle9812: Hmmm... If my hubby died then maybe... I could never imagine loving anyone ever again. So I guess I would

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)