Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sorry BM there are some things you don't get a say in.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 235 Replies
5 moms liked this
Here are her list of complaints she took to my SO about my "treatment" of her children.

- I don't let them eat in my car. Sorry. It's new and they are kids and they are messy. They are allowed to have water and dry snacks if we go on a long trip (chips, crackers etc.) I don't care if you tell them they can. They can't.

- I drop them off too early at school. Sorry. I have four kids to drop off at four different schools. If you don't like my drop off times please feel free to give me a hand. I drop off at 725 for jr high, 745 for elementary and barely get my son to high school by 8. And then 820 for my preschooler

- we give them an allowance and she doesn't so we shouldn't. Sorry we put an allowance system in for all the kids. To teach them the value of a dollar and responsibility.

- I pack the daughter a lunch every day she's with us if she doesn't want what's on the menu the next day. And it's unacceptable because she doesn't want to use her food since we are responsible for school lunches so she won't pack lunches. They have a school lunch account that we are responsible for per the CO we pay for school lunches.

- inappropriate clothing. My SO is a little strict when it comes to what his 13 year old daughter wears. Since I'm the one that sees her last before she goes to school of course I am the one that enforces it the most. Its unacceptable to her that I tell her daughter what she can wear.

-school volunteering since I am a sahm I often volunteer for things at school. Not in the classrooms but to help with food drives, driving, donating whatever. I do it for all the kids schools. I won't be telling the kids no if they come to me and ask me to help their school.

There are plenty more.
Am I an asshole that's overstepping or is she just nit picky??

Ok here's another
- no cooking meal planning or teaching other such household things. The 13 year old daughter is always in the kitchen with me. She loves it. We make the weekly meal plan for the family and do the grocery shopping. I've also started teaching her how to budget and what not. She gets extra allowance for her extra help. I've also started making her her own cookbook with our family's favorite dishes.

Few things: she is not a single mom. She has and SO that survives with and they have a child. And she does work part time.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:27 PM
I could list the many many more but it would get way too long and no one would read
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:28 PM
2 moms liked this

No she is being a bitch. Ignore her !

mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:29 PM
I think she's just being nitpicky.
Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:30 PM
3 moms liked this

If these are your SO's rules as well and he is okay with them, then she needs to STFU.  She has no jurisdiction over what goes on when they are in his care, period, unless they are being abused or neglected.

liltampa71
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

As the BM, she's being a bitch.

Unless it's actually harmful what happens at dad's house is dad's call, in my life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:33 PM
3 moms liked this
I think she is mad that they have a normal life with us. She's the kind of person that wants something to be wrong so she can play victim and get sympathy.

Quoting Outspoken.Mime:

If these are your SO's rules as well and he is okay with them, then she needs to STFU.  She has no jurisdiction over what goes on when they are in his care, period, unless they are being abused or neglected.

mommaponch
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:34 PM
5 moms liked this

She's being nitpicky.

As a mom whose child has a second home, I had to learn very early on that unless it's abuse or neglect I have NO say in how he runs his home.  I do bring up concerns on occasion, but because it's so rare and I ask as oppose to order he usually agrees. (ex: I mention she's been having trouble waking in the morning and ask him to get her to bed earlier).  He lets her watch shows I'm not a fan of and lets her drink soda and buys her more things than she needs.  That's his choice as her father.

Controlling moms end up shooting themselves in the foot because they don't actually get to control anything (unless they have full physical and legal custody) and because they keep trying to control everything dad's usually unwilling to listen to any request she makes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:37 PM
4 moms liked this
She's not nit picky, she's threatened
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:39 PM
He's at the point to where when she starts yelling or demanding that he just stops taking her calls. So then they communicate via text. Which is how she sent the list of demands.
They have joint legal and physical custody and 50/50 down to the tee. It's been that way for 8 years now. 6 of them I have been around for.

Quoting mommaponch:

She's being nitpicky.

As a mom whose child has a second home, I had to learn very early on that unless it's abuse or neglect I have NO say in how he runs his home.  I do bring up concerns on occasion, but because it's so rare and I ask as oppose to order he usually agrees. (ex: I mention she's been having trouble waking in the morning and ask him to get her to bed earlier).  He lets her watch shows I'm not a fan of and lets her drink soda and buys her more things than she needs.  That's his choice as her father.

Controlling moms end up shooting themselves in the foot because they don't actually get to control anything (unless they have full physical and legal custody) and because they keep trying to control everything dad's usually unwilling to listen to any request she makes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:39 PM
By what?

Quoting Anonymous 2: She's not nit picky, she's threatened
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)