Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

well we were going to go to mils

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

for the holidays this year we were going to go to my in laws,but after bil told us what she said about our kids thats a big fuck no. bils ds turned a year in august,iv noticed that mil has been favoring the baby,not that i mind he's the baby but the way shes going its not just "new baby" excitement, its plain favoritism,and her telling bil what she did just proves it. we went to mils house yesterday because dh got mail there,bil my nephew and bils gf were there,and after we left bil called dh. bil told us that we shouldnt come during the holidays this year because mil was making racist remarks about me,ds and our baby girl going to be born in october.

dh didnt tell me exactly what bil said which im guessing would have ticked me off all he told me is that mil kept saying she didnt want some highlander in her house(im full Scottish,lived in Scotland until i was 5)

so yeah we arent going to their house for the holidays this year....oh well we'll just continue the tradition of going to my grandmas house *shrugs*

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rmgriffberg
by on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:43 PM

your MIL sounds like a lovely lady to be around....not

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Quoting rmgriffberg:

your MIL sounds like a lovely lady to be around....not

she is when we're around but apparently when we leave she talks a lot of crap

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2014 at 1:06 PM

bump

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 1:09 PM
Id talk to her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 5, 2014 at 1:09 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd go. With the boys in kilts and all of you in your family's tartan.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'd go. With the boys in kilts and all of you in your family's tartan.

lol i should but my grandma wants to see the baby since everyone else will see her before thanksgiving so mil saying that is a win win because i wont feel bad for not seeing her on the holidays. i'll probably put the kids in tartans for christmas though

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Quoting svolkov: Id talk to her.

yeah....she doesnt speak english and i have an accent so she wont understand me what so ever

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Sep. 5, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Look everyone has an agenda. Call her on the phone and talk to her yourself woman to woman. Don't just get mad off of some hear say. 

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Then sit down with her and dh. You still have an accent?? Dh has lived in the states for 8 yrs and has none! ( much to my disappointment lol)

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting svolkov: Id talk to her.

yeah....she doesnt speak english and i have an accent so she wont understand me what so ever

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Quoting brettsmomma:

Look everyone has an agenda. Call her on the phone and talk to her yourself woman to woman. Don't just get mad off of some hear say. 

she doesnt speak english and if she does she doesnt understand when i speak because i have an accent still

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN