Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am not big on Karma, but....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

My sister was married for 15 years.  Her husband worked very hard to take care of her and her 2 kids from previous relationship along with their son.  He worked 10-14 hours a day, took side jobs on weekends.  Provider her with everything she needed or wanted.  The kids had all the new stuf, and never wanted for anything.  She would complain that he worked too much and was never home, they didn't get to go out or go on vacations. BUT he did take her out, it was just never enough.  

She started cheating on him.

She left him last year for her new boyfriend, whom she lives with now.  He is 58, she is 36.  

He works for a prominant company in our area, has a nice house, boat, motorcycles, ect. 

She brags all the time about how much they do together, the nice house, which isn't hers, ect. 

Today is her Birthday.  I texted to wish her a happy birthday and asked her what they are doing to celebate.  (Because in the past she has always complained that her husband didn't do enough for her and made the day suck)

She replied they aren' t doing anything, that he just had a hip replacement, she is picking him up from the hopsital and she will have to take care of him for the few weeks.  

I said, "Oh you are doing something, Your playing nurse maid!"  

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Blooming_Lotus
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Again, that's not what Karma is... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Divine intervention?  Universe saying, Haha, bitch!  LOL

Quoting Blooming_Lotus:

Blooming_Lotus
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Just pointing it out as it bothers me that a religious word is being misused to mean something so vindictive and contrary to it's real teaching. 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Blooming_Lotus:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Ah, I'm not religious by any means.  I'm Athiest.  I look at this as Reeps What You Sew.  She left her husband for someone that would give her more and now she is going to be stuck taking care of the old guy.  

Quoting Blooming_Lotus:

Just pointing it out as it bothers me that a religious word is being misused to mean something so vindictive and contrary to it's real teaching. 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Blooming_Lotus:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 5, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Yeah, thats karma. My husband's ex left him and married an old man, (not ancient) she is 44 and he is in his sixties. Within weeks of them getting married two years ago he had major heart related issues and was in ccu for several months and now he just sits in a recliner all day and she had to quit her job as head of nursing to stay home and take care of him.
Missdameanor
by Not-a-felony on Sep. 5, 2014 at 1:19 PM
It seems like you enjoyed her life with her ex more than she did. You sound like you can't stand her =(
Blooming_Lotus
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 1:22 PM

I'm also an Atheist. But I'm Buddhist too and that's why it bothers me. That's all. I'll stop hijacking your post now. 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Ah, I'm not religious by any means.  I'm Athiest.  I look at this as Reeps What You Sew.  She left her husband for someone that would give her more and now she is going to be stuck taking care of the old guy.  

Quoting Blooming_Lotus:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Blooming_Lotus:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Oh no, that is crazy!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yeah, thats karma. My husband's ex left him and married an old man, (not ancient) she is 44 and he is in his sixties. Within weeks of them getting married two years ago he had major heart related issues and was in ccu for several months and now he just sits in a recliner all day and she had to quit her job as head of nursing to stay home and take care of him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2014 at 1:26 PM
I have some unresolved issues, I will admit. When I left my husband of 15 years, who was abusive, she told me to go back to him because I will never find better. She stayed friends with him.

Quoting Missdameanor: It seems like you enjoyed her life with her ex more than she did. You sound like you can't stand her =(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 5, 2014 at 1:29 PM

What is the real meaning of karma?

Quoting Blooming_Lotus:

I'm also an Atheist. But I'm Buddhist too and that's why it bothers me. That's all. I'll stop hijacking your post now. 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Blooming_Lotus:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Blooming_Lotus:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN