Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Venting here!! Life as a stay at home sometimes sucks

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:24 AM
  • 3 Replies

I really hope no one gets offended by the title. And if u do I apologize. I just need to get this out, becuase if I dont I will literally go crazier. I am a full time mom of five kids. I am married to their father, which is a great man, dad and husband, Our kids are great. They have their moments when they want to misbehave but come on they are kids. Anyway, I get 3 hours for mysefl because all my kids are in school and instead of dedicating those 3 hours to me, i start to clean. To keep my house constatly clean. I have become my MOTHER. AHHHHHH *FACE PALM*. She was obssessed with cleaning and would do it even at night. Well guess what i do. I have found myself getting excited over buying cleaning supplies. Not a purse, or clothes, but cleaning supplies. WTF. is that . I am losing it . And sometimes i think that my husnband doesnt understand. He gets to get out of the house and not worry about anything that the kids need, or that they have to get done. I am in charge of all that.I get it he works hard, but come on give me some credit as well. I went to my kids school and discovered that my children value more the job that he does than mine. I am not kidding you when I say that it broke my heart. Here I am staying up late, working with them on their hw and he gets all the credit. smh!! I just wish I could get a break from it all. Be me for once. I havent been me since  i first became a mom. I love being a mommy i really do, But I think I lost the true identiy of what i am. I am a woman who is independent and who can be more than a mother. I wish it were easier said than done. I wish I could somehow have many "me" to help me out and be able to enjoy life. I want to be happy . Feel happy. Not constantly have to worry about what comes next and how I am going to fix the following problem, when honeslty I dont know what it is . Ugh.. I feel much better. Although my post might not make sense it has helped me get some stuff out of my system. Thank you ladies. 

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
nonyobizniz
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I was that person.
I was miserable.
I needed somthing that was mine that was all me.

And I needed a divorce, because just going to work and making money was all he figured he needed to put into our marriage.
Fuck that

How is that my life with 4 kids is so much fucking easier without him?
Even when it is hard at least he isn't there blaming me and clueless as to how to help the situation.

Do you momma...get a job and tell him. He needs to start helping or your gonna take those paychecks and leave.
SUGARS79936
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:35 AM

Thank you. See he is a great dad and husband. Better than most actually. He has his moments where I have to slap him behind the head.  But i want to be able to come home and rely on him to get stuff done without me tell him. I have a degree and I havent been able to use it cuz of kids. I had a job I had to quit because my kids are my priority .ONly time will tell i guess 

Quoting nonyobizniz: I was that person. I was miserable. I needed somthing that was mine that was all me. And I needed a divorce, because just going to work and making money was all he figured he needed to put into our marriage. Fuck that How is that my life with 4 kids is so much fucking easier without him? Even when it is hard at least he isn't there blaming me and clueless as to how to help the situation. Do you momma...get a job and tell him. He needs to start helping or your gonna take those paychecks and leave.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:40 AM

Take care of you.  You are feeling insane b/c you have 5 kids and he works F-T.  So do you!!!!  As dumb as this may sound, cherish every moment with your kids.  They will grow up and be gone at some point.  I was lucky to be able to stay home with my 2 kids for 5 yrs.  Shit hit the fan and hubs lost his job in Jan this year.  I am working F-T and crazy night and weekend hours where I hardly see my kids (6&7) anymore.  I miss the old days.

Hang in there.  Things could be a lot worse. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)