Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

American flag. I didn't even know it was going on.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 86 Replies
1 mom liked this
WTF??? REALLY???

1. College student ordered – get rid of his American Flag from balcony, ‘might offend foreign people’!

What does free speech and pride in America mean anymore? If this is America you certainly could not tell it from how a college student was forced to get rid of his American flag from his balcony. According to Breitbart, Brad Smith, a San Diego State University sophomore, was ordered to remove his American flag from his apartment balcony after being told that it “could offend foreign people.”

2. Houston Man Told American Flag Threatens Muslim Community!

Webster, TX - Duy Tran, a Houston area man was told his American flag threatens the Muslim community! Tran just recently moved into the “Lodge on El Dorado” apartment complex. Immediately after moving in, Mr. Tran proudly hung an American flag on his balcony. Nearly instantly after displaying the American flag though, Tran was ordered to remove it by the complex manager Clara Rivera, because she stated “it’s a threat towards the Muslim community!”
Mr. Tran is a very proud American. Regarding the flag, Tran stated, “It means a lot to me. What really stunned me is that she said it’s a threat towards the Muslim community. I’m not a threat toward anybody!”
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PandTsmomjuly
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Links please?

To the articles, of course.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:35 AM
I know it's on YouTube. But give me a minute I'll find a link to the news.

Quoting PandTsmomjuly:

Links please?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep. Right up there with letting people know you are a Christian. Could be the kindest person in the world and you will get bashed because you believe in Jesus. Truly  ridiculous how the world is becoming. So glad I live in military housing where I can proudly display my flag and no one will criticize you for it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:37 AM
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5512612

Quoting PandTsmomjuly:

Links please?

Presley77
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:39 AM
Head desk. What's this country coming to?!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not a Christian myself, but the world is getting scary. There are ISIS flags hanging on the cars and houses around here, in NY, and somehow it is OK, but American flag in America is a NO NO. Really???

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Yep. Right up there with letting people know you are a Christian. Could be the kindest person in the world and you will get bashed because you believe in Jesus. Truly  ridiculous how the world is becoming. So glad I live in military housing where I can proudly display my flag and no one will criticize you for it. 

Toonkasmommy
by Challenger 💗 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm pretty sure Muslim ppl will not feel threatened lol. Ridiculous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:42 AM
2 moms liked this
Maybe they shouldn't have used that excuse. Flying the U.S. flag is perfectly fine, however, if the apartment complex has a set rule of no banners, he should have to bring back in. (Unfortunate,if that turns out to be the case)
That's not his property.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah...we're not the "land of the free" anymore. Soon we won't be free to do anything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:43 AM
No, not at all.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Yeah...we're not the "land of the free" anymore. Soon we won't be free to do anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)