Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:43 AM
  • 22 Replies
Channel surfing I pass lifetime...and I see stephen king in big red letters....a show called big driver is premiering on lifetime on Oct 18th...but seriously stephen king. Wtf...lifetime???? Still gonna watch it though.
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsEmma88
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:44 AM
Now o simply gotta know how touchy feely any stephen king story I have EVER read can get
the_dude
by abides on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:45 AM
6 moms liked this
Love Stephen King. He made me want to write, he's why I still write.

I love everything about that man.
MsEmma88
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:53 AM
I grew up on stephen king, my mom is a fanatic and it was transferred to me. I have watched his movies since I was six and been reading his books since I was 12 (easiest mom would let me)...I idolize him although his last three works I have heard are to be desired. I dont know since I recently obtained his entire works from a neighbor and so I started from the very beginning....its taking a while lol

Quoting the_dude: Love Stephen King. He made me want to write, he's why I still write.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:01 AM

Quite a few of his books turned into movies have been on lifetime.  Lifetime has been more about horror than touchy feely stuff for awhile now.  Hallmark is touchy feely movies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:03 AM

autodidact
by Snarknado on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:04 AM
1 mom liked this

word processor of the gods:

http://cf.edliostatic.com/XbcaxvxMPim8adoRdpFEHDRvn3CWW89s.pdf

Quoting MsEmma88: Now o simply gotta know how touchy feely any stephen king story I have EVER read can get

eadyT
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this
You... have ..to.. understand. . It..

Quoting Anonymous 1:

eadyT
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I like Stephen King, Dean Koontz, James Patterson and Michael Crichton. I also enjoy non fiction works as well. What are some of your other favs?

Quoting the_dude: Love Stephen King. He made me want to write, he's why I still write.

the_dude
by abides on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:30 AM
I am a creature of habit I love love love horror, mystery, fantasy sci-fi, macabre.

I'm always default to Stephen's "The Stand", "Night Shift", "Skeleton Crew"... my bible is basically "On writing: A Memoir of the Craft" I always have a hard copy of it, and Strunk and White, and my updated AP style guide in my briefcase at all times...

My favorite short story of King's is probably Mrs. Todd's Shortcut, or The Jaunt, I can't decide.

Quoting eadyT: I like Stephen King, Dean Koontz, James Patterson and Michael Crichton. I also enjoy non fiction works as well. What are some of your other favs?

eadyT
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I have read all three. I also have in hardback, Geralds game, under the dome, Rose Madder, I also have a couple of his Bachman books. Pet cemetery and to be honest, I would have to look. Simply because I have a serious book college tion. Lol.

Quoting the_dude: I am a creature of habit I love love love horror, mystery, fantasy sci-fi, macabre.

I'm always default to Stephen's "The Stand", "Night Shift", "Skeleton Crew"... my bible is basically "On writing: A Memoir of the Craft" I always have a hard copy of it, and Strunk and White, and my updated AP style guide in my briefcase at all times...

My favorite short story of King's is probably Mrs. Todd's Shortcut, or The Jaunt, I can't decide.

Quoting eadyT: I like Stephen King, Dean Koontz, James Patterson and Michael Crichton. I also enjoy non fiction works as well. What are some of your other favs?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)