Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you REALLY think that's a good idea??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

So my niece (20) tells me on FB today that she's trying to get pregnant.

OK, cool, whatever. But have you thought about this?

Neither of you have a job, license, or car. You've known him less than 6 months. Met him, started dating him, and moved him in with you 2 weeks after the last guy you were "SO in love with". You aren't married, haven't finished HS or gotten your GED, and you live with your mother, her fiancee, your sister, 4 cats, and 3 badly behaved and untrained dogs.

Have you REALLY thought about what it means to have a baby and do you REALLY think you should be doing that NOW??

And my sister is totally urging her to do it. -_- My sister, the welfare queen, hasn't had a job in about 17 years herself, can't drive at 41, no HS diploma or GED...

You'd think she'd want her daughter to do BETTER than she did.

I just want to smack all of them. If they weren't family and it wouldn't cause extra drama, I would block them on FB.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:31 AM

OMG, sounds like a hot fucking mess. Poor baby that is going to be brought into this situation.

English-mum2-5
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:32 AM
Her life,her choice!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:33 AM

I really, really, REALLY wish I was a troll about this.

That whole branch of the family is fucked up. And she wants ME to make baby clothes for them when the "happy event" happens -_-

Quoting Anonymous 2:

OMG, sounds like a hot fucking mess. Poor baby that is going to be brought into this situation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:34 AM

It's another welfare situation waiting to happen. And years down the road, when she's just like her mother, she's going to wonder why. It's just a cycle that needs to end and she's keeping it going.

Quoting English-mum2-5: Her life,her choice!

thejodigirl
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:35 AM

I've seen this too many times. These mothers are so DENSE that they can only identify with their teen daughters if they get knocked up at a young age too. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:36 AM
DH & I are 30, I wanted a second baby since our child is 8 now. Sadly DH said no, because I was laid off and we're not financially stable to have another child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:38 AM

I wish my DN were as responsible as you guys are being. At the very least she could have a job, license, and car before deciding to have a baby with a guy she barely knows!

And I can't really say much about not knowing the guy I guess, I only knew my oldest's father for 2 months before we got pregnant, although we didn't exactly PLAN her like niece is.

Quoting Anonymous 3: DH & I are 30, I wanted a second baby since our child is 8 now. Sadly DH said no, because I was laid off and we're not financially stable to have another child.

tashibaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:39 AM
Ladies and gentleman our future..... Sigh.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:40 AM

Her YDD is as drama filled as my sister is and my sister makes so many excuses.

YDN got beat up because she opened her big mouth to the wrong people: Oh, they just hate her because she's bisexual.

YDN ran away from home: She was kidnapped.

YDN is also trying to get pregnant but doesn't care by whom: That's GREAT!

Yes, all situation that have come up in the last YEAR.

Quoting thejodigirl:

I've seen this too many times. These mothers are so DENSE that they can only identify with their teen daughters if they get knocked up at a young age too. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:40 AM
Did you say any of this to her?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)