Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know how much more I can take!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
I have MS, had to stop working in January for a while and live on the hope I can go back soon.

We are financially fine, DH is supportive physically and emotionally.

I recently became sick with new symptoms. I have to have a full hysterectomy, and the CT showed two spots on my liver that will need to be taken care of after the hysterectomy because right now that is taking presidence, due to all of the pain I am in, and my bowels are being compressed.

I feel beaten down and that I am not useful in any way. I am severely anemic and exhausted all the time.

I just don't know how to find meaning for my life right now.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:38 AM
Bump
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:44 AM
Hugs. I know how absolutely frustrating it can be. I became Ill a few years ago with a terrible lupus flare. I have never been so sick in my life. Every joint in my body was inflamed. On top of that my throat shut down, or I should say began the process so I began to lose my hair and it only added to the fatigue and other symptoms of my lupus.

Absolutely a nightmare. I had no choice but to take it one day at a time. My husband understood what I was going through, as I am sure yours does as well. Focus on healing. That's all you can do. Without healing you're nothing. And without you your family is nothing. So heal. Take the time to take care of you.

I did and I haven't flared since, thank goodness. I have had minor joint issues and some thyroid issues but am managing everything one day at a time. I pray you figure this out. I know it is hard. But you will be ok.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:48 AM
I am sorry you had such a rough time. Im glad to hear you are better.

I know that I am loved. It's hard for me to see that I am not as needed as I once was, because everyone is taking care of themselves because I am so sick. And it's very hard to have them offer to take care of me. (Hope that makes sense)

Thank you and I hope you continue to be well.

Quoting justpeachy71904: Hugs. I know how absolutely frustrating it can be. I became Ill a few years ago with a terrible lupus flare. I have never been so sick in my life. Every joint in my body was inflamed. On top of that my throat shut down, or I should say began the process so I began to lose my hair and it only added to the fatigue and other symptoms of my lupus.

Absolutely a nightmare. I had no choice but to take it one day at a time. My husband understood what I was going through, as I am sure yours does as well. Focus on healing. That's all you can do. Without healing you're nothing. And without you your family is nothing. So heal. Take the time to take care of you.

I did and I haven't flared since, thank goodness. I have had minor joint issues and some thyroid issues but am managing everything one day at a time. I pray you figure this out. I know it is hard. But you will be ok.
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:23 AM
It is always hard to feel like you aren't doing as much as you are capable of or are used to doing. Makes you feel like you have failed in a way. But look at it like you are a team. You have taken care of your family and now I'd their time to care for you. Allow them to care for you and embrace it. I know it is hard to put the pride on the back burner. .. but do it you will feel 100xs better mentally.

I am so sorry you're going through this.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I am sorry you had such a rough time. Im glad to hear you are better.

I know that I am loved. It's hard for me to see that I am not as needed as I once was, because everyone is taking care of themselves because I am so sick. And it's very hard to have them offer to take care of me. (Hope that makes sense)

Thank you and I hope you continue to be well.

Quoting justpeachy71904: Hugs. I know how absolutely frustrating it can be. I became Ill a few years ago with a terrible lupus flare. I have never been so sick in my life. Every joint in my body was inflamed. On top of that my throat shut down, or I should say began the process so I began to lose my hair and it only added to the fatigue and other symptoms of my lupus.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)