Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't Understand Parents that Kick out a Pregnant Teen

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 110 Replies
2 moms liked this

unless of course, if she is doing drugs, breaking the law, hurting others physically, etc, etc....

but just to kick her out because she became pregnant??  Disgusting..

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Yup. They aren't parents. They're selfish human beings who only had kids to make themselves look good to other people. That's it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:28 AM
I can understand it in a way but I would never do it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:32 AM
I don't blame them. I wouldn't do it but I don't blame them at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:34 AM
6 moms liked this

I don't know - maybe they feel like if she feels like she's old enough to make the decision to have sex and have and raise a child, that she should do just that.   If she lives with her parents and has a baby, the parents will be supporting her and the child - not exactly the reality of having a child.  I think it is disgusting when a teen gets herself knocked up (because she has the judgment capabilities of, oh, a teenager) and then expects her parents to clean up her mess.  If her parents wanted another baby, pretty sure they could have managed to get one.  

"Just because she became pregnant" - it's not like "just because she spilled a soda on her mom's new purse" - that's a whole other human being that needs constant care and that costs a lot of money.  And - she doesn't just one day find herself with child - she obviously participated in adult activities with no expectation to be able to deal with the adult consequences...   

CAT_NIP
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:36 AM
It's a form of punishment. I could never do it to my daughter and my mom would never have done it to me.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:36 AM
4 moms liked this
If I had a DD, she'd either be having an abortion, giving the baby up for adoption or getting out of my house.

She'd know these would be the consequences if she chose to be irresponsible.
mrsmoonbeam
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:36 AM
Have you seen the post about the parents who made their kids work for any xtra clothing and if wanted a car. one of the DDs got preg and the parents payed for all her and her sons expenses. the other kids were not talking to the DD or their parents because they wwere playing favorites. I pointed out that they were doing what they thought best for their dd and her child. But nope they were playing favorites and were NOT teaching the girl to have responsability . god forbid they do whatever they could to make sure the girl got through school SMH
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I knew that if I got pregnant, I would get kicked out. So I was safe. Doesn't mean my parents loved me any less. I was just made aware of the consequences of my actions. I see nothing wrong with that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:38 AM

the few parents that i know did that hoping the daughter would have an abortion so she would return home

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this

getting knocked up in this family is just as bad as those things you mentioned. I would probably not kick her out, but I would not make things easy on her because she was an idiot. There would be no more social life, proms, etc.  Getting pregnant as a teen is unacceptable in my opinion.  They learn to use BC really easily when they understand it will not be tolerate.  It worked for me, I knew better than to come home knocked you , so you bet BC worked great for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)