Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me stop smoking....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I just had a baby and the day I found out that I was pregnant I stopped smoking and haven't smoked since. I am so close to caving. I just need advice how to stay away from it or encouraging words. Thanks.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
CountYouTwice
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:28 AM
You are a nonsmoker and nonsmokers don't smoke! I ate a lot of fruit snacks
momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:29 AM

You can do it!!! I used to smoke.I was up to almost 2 packs a day and quit cold turkey when I got pg. Go for a walk.Take a nap. You can fight the urge!!!

Plus-size-mommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:29 AM
You quit for an entire 9 months, your sense of smell is better, your sense of taste, you smell better and your teeth are whiter....why mess all that up?
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I was in the car one day with a coworker. She told me about how she had just buried her mother,,, lung cancer. She didn't know I was a smoker. But I opened my purse and tossed my smokes out the window.

All.i could think about was leaving my dd alone in this world over something as stupid as tobacco. So selfish.

I haven't smoked since. I quit cold turkey that day. Haven't given it a second thought. I did it for my dd. And couldn't be happier. That Was 8 Years ago.

I have since run 10+ 5ks. 2 10ks and a half marathon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:32 AM

I quit several years ago using Chantix. Then my mom died and I started up again. My advice...don't start up again, it's harder to quit than it was the first time.

I'm taking Chantix again now. My insurance covers it so I get it for free. I've been on it for a week, and I'm already not wanting to smoke at all. When I do smoke, it's a few drags, then I put the cigarette out because it makes my stomach hurt. The Chantix actually makes me look at the cigarettes and wonder why I even want one.

But Chantix isn't for everyone. I would talk to your doctor about the best method to quit, I've heard if you can't do Chantix, to try those nicotine lozenges. Good luck!

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:36 AM

Quoting justpeachy71904: I was in the car one day with a coworker. She told me about how she had just buried her mother,,, lung cancer. She didn't know I was a smoker. But I opened my purse and tossed my smokes out the window. All.i could think about was leaving my dd alone in this world over something as stupid as tobacco. So selfish. I haven't smoked since. I quit cold turkey that day. Haven't given it a second thought. I did it for my dd. And couldn't be happier. That Was 8 Years ago. I have since run 10+ 5ks. 2 10ks and a half marathon.

Thats awesome!!!!  Im glad you stopped. My fil died form lung cancer from smoking.It was horrible to watch. He lived 5 months and most of it was  being so drugged up to keep him from the pain that he didnt iknow who we or anyone else was.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:36 AM
Idk if I can take anything cause I breastfeed. Thanks.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I quit several years ago using Chantix. Then my mom died and I started up again. My advice...don't start up again, it's harder to quit than it was the first time.

I'm taking Chantix again now. My insurance covers it so I get it for free. I've been on it for a week, and I'm already not wanting to smoke at all. When I do smoke, it's a few drags, then I put the cigarette out because it makes my stomach hurt. The Chantix actually makes me look at the cigarettes and wonder why I even want one.

But Chantix isn't for everyone. I would talk to your doctor about the best method to quit, I've heard if you can't do Chantix, to try those nicotine lozenges. Good luck!

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:38 AM
Oh me too. I wish my husband would. He smokes a pack and a ha a day. Stresses me out. But he makes that decision. He has watched people around him die from lung cancer. He knows the pain.

I'm so sorry you lost your Fil

Quoting momofsixangels:

Quoting justpeachy71904: I was in the car one day with a coworker. She told me about how she had just buried her mother,,, lung cancer. She didn't know I was a smoker. But I opened my purse and tossed my smokes out the window.

All.i could think about was leaving my dd alone in this world over something as stupid as tobacco. So selfish.

I haven't smoked since. I quit cold turkey that day. Haven't given it a second thought. I did it for my dd. And couldn't be happier. That Was 8 Years ago.

I have since run 10+ 5ks. 2 10ks and a half marathon.

Thats awesome!!!!  Im glad you stopped. My fil died form lung cancer from smoking.It was horrible to watch. He lived 5 months and most of it was  being so drugged up to keep him from the pain that he didnt iknow who we or anyone else was.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)