Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Historically feminist were against abortion!

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:16 AM
  • 16 Replies

My take on the total ideological 180 behind the feminist movement:

If you want to see the weakest and most subservient women in America, just look at the faces of those entering an abortion clinic. What you will see is sadness, desperation, fear, and r
esignation. What you will not see is women who feel empowered or in control. 

Better than anyone else, women who submit to abortion understand why no woman was ever admired for having an abortion, and why no woman ever bragged about her abortion (except for Ms. Steinem) and why no woman ever climbed off an abortionist’s table with a higher opinion of herself than she had when she climbed onto it. 

This nonsense that women must have the right to kill their children in order to be equal to men is an invention of the abortion industry. With almost no exceptions, pioneers of the women’s movement like Susan B. Anthony, Mattie Brinkerhoff, Sarah Norton, Emma Goldman, and Elizabeth Cady Stanton were outspoken opponents of legal abortion. Alice Paul, who wrote the original Equal Rights Amendment, called abortion the ultimate exploitation of women. Even suffragist newspapers such as Woodhull’s and Claflin’s Weekly, had editorial policies which openly attacked both abortion and abortionists. 

These early feminists saw that abortion is patronizing and paternalistic and that a woman’s willingness to submit to it doesn’t free her, it devalues her. They understood that legalized abortion, at times, can be nothing more than a safety net for sexually predatory and sexually irresponsible men. Today, after over 40 years of legalized abortion, that view has been so thoroughly proven true that some abortion advocates no longer even bother to deny it. In fact, some say it should be celebrated. 

Today, abortion apologists continue to push the idea that having a clean place to kill their babies is the cornerstone of women’s equality. That lie is a self-serving perversion of the basic values of legitimate feminism. As pro-life feminist Melissa Simmons-Tulin once said, “Women will never climb to equality over the dead bodies of their children.” 

Summary: I reject modern "feminism" because my womanhood is not earned, valuable, powerful, or legitimate simply because the government says I could rip my babies apart limb from limb if I wanted to!

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SpnFulOfSugar
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:18 AM
Love how they assume to know how all women feel after an abortion.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:19 AM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

tinybluemoon
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Well tough titties to them.

ame85
by Chemistry cat on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
They are assuming it's the man's fault or choice, which is not always the case.
hautemama83
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:23 AM
Yikes. That's just about the biggest load of bullshit I've read on here in a while.
momto3B
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

A true "feminist" would not be having an abortion that a man wanted because she

A - would not have slept with the kind of man who would demand an abotions

B - would have used her BC effectively and not become pregnant in the first place

C- would be financially and emotionally independent enough to raise the child herself is she so chose. 

Cmgmqmmom
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:26 AM

*sigh*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:28 AM

So much stupid on one fucking page.  Must exit post.

AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Where the hell did this horseshit come from?

LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Can you share the link to where you copied this from?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)