Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OH HELL NO!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
You cannot take my daughter 3 hours away for 9 hours. She's a year old and she barely even knows you. Yes you are her grandmother, and yes I trust you more than I trust your son but still, I cannot allow that.

Just a vent.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Your child your rules...simple.

mlg1989
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:27 AM
I wouldn't let her either. Even if she did know her better I probably still wouldn't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Well she wants to take her to go get mom and dad (so babies great grands) and I guess they're not doing so well. But I'm just not comfortable with it.

Quoting mlg1989: I wouldn't let her either. Even if she did know her better I probably still wouldn't.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Why not?  Does she have a history of picking up drifters and going on crime sprees or something?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Well she wants to take her to go get mom and dad (so babies great grands) and I guess they're not doing so well. But I'm just not comfortable with it.
Quoting mlg1989: I wouldn't let her either. Even if she did know her better I probably still wouldn't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:14 AM
I barely know her and she barely knows her grand daughter.

Would you let someone who you barely know take your year old child 3 hours away for 9 hours??

Quoting corticosteroid:

Why not?  Does she have a history of picking up drifters and going on crime sprees or something?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Well she wants to take her to go get mom and dad (so babies great grands) and I guess they're not doing so well. But I'm just not comfortable with it.

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:17 AM

She would probably be miserable anyhow.. At 1, a 3 hour car ride, then visit with people she doesnt know, then another 3 hour car ride back.. It would just upset her.

Tell her you dont want to upset her routine that much right now.

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:21 AM

What I think I'd do is get to know the woman before making that decision.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I barely know her and she barely knows her grand daughter. Would you let someone who you barely know take your year old child 3 hours away for 9 hours??
Quoting corticosteroid:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:21 AM
I just told her I wasn't comfortable with it. Which I'm not.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

She would probably be miserable anyhow.. At 1, a 3 hour car ride, then visit with people she doesnt know, then another 3 hour car ride back.. It would just upset her.

Tell her you dont want to upset her routine that much right now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Yea she wants to take her Thursday. So there's really no time to get to know her in between now and then.

Quoting corticosteroid:

What I think I'd do is get to know the woman before making that decision.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I barely know her and she barely knows her grand daughter.

Would you let someone who you barely know take your year old child 3 hours away for 9 hours??

Quoting corticosteroid:

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:25 AM

dont get angry over the suggestion. Instead tell her that you foresee that happening in the future IF she offers to come to you, meet and get to know the both of you. never turn away family for your child unless you are positive they are bad for them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)