Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know its a can of worms, but

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies

Poll

Question: Flu shot?

Options:

The whole family gets the shot

No one in my house gets the shot

Only I get the shot

Only the kids get the shot

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 93

View Results

Who here gets the flu shot and who doesn't? 

I don't really want to hear about the vaccines are horrible or the vaccines are the greatest gift. It really doesn't matter to me. I have my own thoughts on it. I don't agree with all the vaccines. 

I only ask though, because when I get the flu shot, I get the flu or worse. When ever I don't, and it has been since the last 5 years, I have yet to be sick over the colder months. My dd who is 6 had the flu shot when she was 3 and got the flu. It was so bad she had to be hospitalized for 3 weeks because of it. But she hasn't had it since and she hasn't had the flu before or after not getting the shot. So I just want thoughts as to should I try it again on her or no?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mandymb
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:27 AM
We all get it. None of us have ever had the flu.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:27 AM
My whole family gets it. Never a bad reaction.
msb64
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Our whole family gets the flu shot.  My DH and I get it at work and our kids (17 and 11) get it at school.  None of us have ever had the flu.

tinybluemoon
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Everybody has to get the flu shot in my house, even though it makes my twins and I sick for a few days afterwards.

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:28 AM
I had never gotten the flu until I got the shot for work. I will never again get it and neither will my kids.
Flu free here every year except the time I got the shot. Lol

My in laws get the shot every year with no problems though...
.PinkSunshine.
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:29 AM

No and no one in the house does either. It doesn't protect from every single strain anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:29 AM

DH and I HAVE to get it or we can't work. My son doesn't usuall get it.

fiddlerbird555
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:29 AM

We mostly don't, although sometimes I can get a shot from work. DH is needle-phobic. I could try to take the kids to the grocer for shots.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:30 AM
I'm not typically a flu shot advocate, but myself, dh & one of my girls has already had a version of jt within the last month. We'll also have a newborn smack in the middle of flu season. I'm 90% sure we're all getting it this year. In future years, I may reconsider.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Nor does a seatbelt protect from every car accident. And in some instances, wearing a seatbelt can be harmful.

Do you wear seatbelts in your house?

Quoting .PinkSunshine.:

No and no one in the house does either. It doesn't protect from every single strain anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)