Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Knock it the F OFF!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

I've got 3 kids. A 4yr old boy, 3yr old girl, and 9month old boy. The older two are best friends BUT bicker nonstop!

I'll give examples: one says the ball is blue (which it is) and the other says no it's yellow (knowing it's not) and they will go back and forth until they are screaming at each other. They are constantly sticking their feet or hand or elbow next to the other just to bug them. They hit (my girl bites) each other when they get mad and know I'm not looking. They are constantly tattling on the other. Won't let each other touch their toys, ect. Neither one will play with their baby brother. It goes on all day long. It's driving me up the wall!

I give timeouts when they are being physical. They are sneaky so I don't often actually see them do it just hear from their sibling and they admit it. It doesn't seem to work because they turn around and do it again 20min later. I try to separate them when they won't stop bickering but they will sit across the room from each other and continue to needle one another with looks and silent crap. Neither is the leader of the fighting they both equally start it.

I'm at a loss here; 6 months ago they didn't act like this and it's just getting worse. How can I get them to knock it off?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:59 AM

b

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:02 AM

u

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:06 AM

maybe a title change will get a bit more attention...

tinadf7
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Keep them busy. Have crafts, science projects, cooking activities etc. Busy children don't have time to argue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amandajoy21
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:09 AM
It is quite normal at that age. If they won't stop bickering try to redirect them to a different activity or start giving time outs when the won't stop arguing.
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Its normal.
purplemonkey702
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:10 AM

thats what siblings do.

bellasmommy54
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:11 AM

LOL sounds alot like me and my little brother when my little sister came along and yes, it still goes on sometimes!  I find it to be attention seeking because your attention is mainly on the baby.  But tired children are children too tired to argue!  Put them in everything you can to wear them out

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:11 AM

My brothers and I were the same way, we fucking hated each other. You know what? We're adults now and we STILL can't stand one another, we're just too different. I wanted peace and quiet to read, the "baby" got into everyone's stuff with no repercussions from our parents, and my middle brother was the instigator. He was the one who would call a blue ball yellow just to start a fight. They're both still like that, we haven't changed much personality wise over the years. Our parents made us share rooms and play together constantly when what we needed was space. That and the instigator brother could have used an ass beating now and again to give the rest of us some sanity. The baby could have been supervised better. I don't know lol, good luck. 

AnHpuresugar
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:12 AM

If you figure it out, let me know.  My kids are 9 and almost 7.  Bickering and fighting is a favorite past time.  Drives me batty.  We do the timeouts too.  I usually tell them that each time they fight and argue that my energy drops.  Then when they ask to do something or go somewhere, I tell them that I would love to but that I don't have enough energy.  Now I usually just have to tell them that I am losing energy and they will stop.  For a little while anyway.  

Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)