Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Be smarter than this. Please.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

I just denied a loan to a guy. The reason he requested it was so he could bring his past due credit card with us current. Really? Ladies, please don't do such things. Also, for what it's worth, your credit does matter. It is important. Good credit opens up opportunities for further lending and desirable interest rates. Pay your bills. Avoid crazy interest rates. Don't pay 20+% for your loans because of poor credit or be denied lending because you haven't paid your bills.....Just trying to help.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:06 AM
I can't believe someone would think a loan for that reason would be approved. Lol
corticosteroid
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:06 AM

You're like, a decade late with this post.

amandajoy21
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:07 AM
Some people are special so he couldn't afford the credit card payment but thought he could afford the loan payment on the balance.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:07 AM
You sound more condescending that helpful in this post. Maybe you should just settle for being thankful that you aren't in the desperate situation that many of those in debt are in.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Mobile Photo

Lol. Some people even think they can pay their credit card bill WITH that same credit card.
MicheleJM
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this
He sounds like a friend of mine. This guy has really no schooling and swear to God some kind of mental block when it comes to finances. Moms...teach your kids about this stuff, please.
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:09 AM
Say it isn't so?!
These people are driving around! Scary!!

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Mobile Photo

Lol. Some people even think they can pay their credit card bill WITH that same credit card.
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Yep. My DH has bad credit and it has made it hard. He is working on it and has already raised it a bit but it'll be a bit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Not the intent. After 10 years of doing this, I realize not everyone was properly informed about how credit works. But I don't think the importance of it should be sugarcoated.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You sound more condescending that helpful in this post. Maybe you should just settle for being thankful that you aren't in the desperate situation that many of those in debt are in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:14 AM
It is astoundingly pathetic how little the average consumer understands about finances/financing. Unfortunately, trying to educate them is viewed negatively. Managing your finances and credit has nothing to do with being rich, but rather living within YOUR means.
DH and I make less than $40k per year combined, yet both have nearly immaculate credit, a mortgaged home, and 2 cars less than a year old....both under a 2% apr. Good credit is possible at almost any income bracket, if you care enough to maintain it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)