Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a 40 pound two year old

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:11 AM
  • 41 Replies
And hes always hungry, I can't imagine him when hes a teenager lol
Any meal ideas?
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mes_deux_amours
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Damn is he tall? My 4 yo isn't even 40 pounds, he's just under, 38 pounds, but he's short for his age. He's always hungry too lol

I just try to stick to whole foods, protein, a whole grain and a green veggies for his meals.
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Damn mama.. Thats a big boy. Does he like salad? I knwo some kids dont..mine love it. Its a great filler upper, and you can toss in all kinds of fresh veggies.

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Yeah he comes to my waist lol.
Hes tall and not fat. Which is astounding lol.

Ok hes so picky but hungry, its frustrating lol

Quoting mes_deux_amours: Damn is he tall? My 4 yo isn't even 40 pounds, he's just under, 38 pounds, but he's short for his age. He's always hungry too lol

I just try to stick to whole foods, protein, a whole grain and a green veggies for his meals.
couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:17 AM
Luckily, he LOVES healthy shit, so I did something right lol.
I haven't made a creative salad yet, so Ill try that.
Thanks!

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Damn mama.. Thats a big boy. Does he like salad? I knwo some kids dont..mine love it. Its a great filler upper, and you can toss in all kinds of fresh veggies.

zombienuggets
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:17 AM
Aren't you just a bitty thing? Lol. That is a HUGE two year old, though I'm guessing he is really tall. My almost three year old weighs 28lbs. You may want a second job if you expect to keep him fed. My brother ate like that as a teenager when he stayed with me. My grocery bill was almost $600/month and I spend less than $500 now for 5 people.
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel your pain, my almost six year old is always hungry lol and comes up to my chest already. I just keep healthy snacks on hand from him and try and put a protein of some sort with every meal.
Bubbie0809
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:19 AM
I feel your pain, I have a almost 90 pound 9 year old
Who would eat everything if I let him.

Meals I have used to fill mine up, soups, beans, sandwiches (I make weird sandwiches with lots of veggies or fruits).

Or things that take awhile to eat and chew, I think it takes awhile for
My boy to notice he's full.

But I'm afraid for when mine becomes a teen. I

I grew up with 3 brothers and the amount of food that they can eat
Wow!
couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:20 AM
I am :/
DF calls me "fun size" lol

Oh shit, I can't afford that! Lol damnit. His dad is tall and solid so I guess that's where he got it from :(.i knew I should've had coitus and reproduced with a small man. Lmmfao

Quoting zombienuggets: Aren't you just a bitty thing? Lol. That is a HUGE two year old, though I'm guessing he is really tall. My almost three year old weighs 28lbs. You may want a second job if you expect to keep him fed. My brother ate like that as a teenager when he stayed with me. My grocery bill was almost $600/month and I spend less than $500 now for 5 people.
corticosteroid
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Get the kid hooked on salads.  Seriously, all that cellulose and fiber really fills them up and keeps them full.  I had a 40 pound two year old with a voracious appetite too, she's now a 45" tall 60 pound 3 1/2 year old.  She loves salad, especially with avocados, mushrooms and cottage cheese.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:20 AM

My son was 40 at two. he is 6 now and is evening out. Finally!!! and he is ALWAYS hungry. Our nutrition dr said plenty of raw veggies with some fruits added in. We try to stay away from chips. that's my kids addiction so we keep them out of the house for the most part. (he gets on snack sized pringles in his school lunch tho. cause I'm a softy shhhhh)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)